Unlimited access >

Forums constantly logging me out when on mobile devices

I don’t understand the knee jerk reaction when members bring up (legitimate) ongoing issues. Yes, it’s only been a month but it has been an entire month and I’d be annoyed if I couldn’t stay logged in long enough to post for that amount of time. And I’d certainly be more annoyed to keep hearing “it’s on the list” when many other, perhaps less important, things were addressed long ago.

Sorry if I missed that, but have you tried clicking on your settings, on the bottom tab of your menu, back and forth and see which one will permit you to cruise in the way that works best for you?
I was having that problem and for me, the “desktop view” works best.

Some that had that problem could fix it changing those settings.

I’m not having this issue.

Oh, ok, sorry.

I’m the one who started the thread and I’m not even annoyed.

These things often are not simple fixes. It is only affecting a small number of people. It is likely some sort of irrelevant string of code conflicting with something in some versions of iOS at random times for reasons yet to be determined.

It’s a free site. It glitches for me on the weekends sometimes. Whatcha gonna do? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well, some people are probably going to stop coming back to the site when the problem has not been fixed after six weeks. Which is probably not the response the Chronicle’s advertisers would like to see.

That’s fair. My issue was with the reaction to a simple question which extrapolated some kind of implication that anyone is doing a “poor job”. This isn’t the first thread I’ve seen it in.

That’s also a fair statement.

So is this problem ever going to be fixed?

After more than two months, it still happens to me all the time. If anything, it seems to be getting worse.

I sent a message to the developers to ask for a status report. Thanks!

I am still having the issue as well.

1 Like

Me too! It’s been extra bad this week. Now I usually have to close the browser tab and start all over rather than just clicking login at the top right. @Moderator_1, any updates? Thanks! Otherwise I am very happy with the new format. :smile:

May want to whistle for @Moderator_1 on this again, so they know is worse now.

1 Like

It comes and goes for me. It happens less than it did when I posted this, but it still happens.

I can’t help but wonder if it’s related to a script in some of the targeted advertising or something similar. I don’t know enough about the backend of all that to know if that’s even possible. But it’s so weird how sporadic it occurs, yet it can be so ridiculously frequent when it starts happening.

Sending them another reminder about this issue…sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

Following for updates, also having this issue on mobile

Also chiming in. Logged out every 4 days if not sooner on iOS/Safari. I hate all things authentication.

Every 4 days??

You’re lucky. It still happens to me pretty much every single day, if not multiple times each day. Three months later.

Yep. I’m logged out every time I leave the site & come back, no matter if it’s been 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 day.
Constantly having to log back in.
iPhone, safari
Also does it on my iPhone using chrome browser

I’m pinging them again on this thread. Thanks for the updates and patience!

2 Likes