Unlimited access >

Forums constantly logging me out when on mobile devices

It’s still happening all the time on Safari with my iPhone.

It does not seem to happen on Silk with an Android tablet.

1 Like

Still happening all the time, four months later.

I’m sorry this is a persistent issue. I’ve asked for updates multiple times and am awaiting a response/resolution.

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks. Yes, it’s a first-world problem, but persistent nonetheless. I wouldn’t mind it as much if it logged me out each time I left. Instead, it logs me out in the middle of reading a thread or posting a reply.

2 Likes

Mine does both. Lol.

1 Like

Yesterday (on my PC) I couldn’t log in, kept giving me an immediate time out error, once it showed me logged in but when I selected a forum to go to I was logged out. Took several attempts, including clearing everything out like cookies etc., going out of Edge and them coming back in.

It did that to me a few times when I tried to use the iPhone.
I assumed I was doing something wrong.
Maybe not, there may be a bug in there somewhere.

This is still happening to me All. The. Time.

After how many months??

Me too.

This is still happening to me on mobile as well. I’m on my WiFi at home 99% of the time. My phone isn’t switching towers or WiFi connection points while I’m sitting on my couch. None of my other website log-ins have reset. It’s most certainly an issue with the COTH mobile platform, not multiple people’s cell phone connections.

6 Likes

The development team is admittedly apparently stretched a little thin with other projects, and hasn’t been able to devote attention to the Forums recently. I have sent another message about this problem and other persistent issues and am hoping for a response this week.

Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

Still happening constantly after another month has gone by. Has it been six months now?

I notice the frequency of logging out to increase when I switch between accessing the forums on mobile (iOS) and desktop multiple times during the day. I’ve been logged out both on the desktop site and on mobile. It’s not consistent enough to make me think that the software actively disallows simultaneous sessions but it is frequent enough to make me think that under certain circumstances, it does deactivate the longer session when it detects a new one with the same user credentials.

I only read on the iPhone rarely, every so many days.
I never know when I will still be logged in or not.
It does seem at random.

Doesn’t do it on the laptop.

I am on Safari/IPhone. I can go multiple days without getting booted off & then get booted off every time I leave/come back to the site for days on end.
Very rarely am I still getting booted off while actually using the site anymore…
Nothing with my service/reception changes during those times.

Ooh - good point. I frequently have multiple tabs open with a COTH forum (because I forget that I’m already logged in) and this could be a part of it. I’m all the same user, but it is basically multiple sessions at that point.

Still happens all the time.

Seven months later.

1 Like

Me too!

@MHM @Libby2563 Do you notice any trends where this occurs when you have multiple sessions open on the same computer or on multiple devices? Just trying to see if we can narrow down the situations where this is occurring, especially based on some more recent posts.