Unlimited access >

Forums constantly logging me out when on mobile devices

I only use one device to look at the BB about 95% of the time (Safari on iPhone), and if there is any pattern to it, I have not noticed it.

2 Likes

Same. Only use my iPhone.

I only have one session open and I’m constantly getting logged out.

1 Like

I do often have a session open on my computer, though if I’m browsing on my iPhone (Chrome) the computer is asleep so I’m not sure if that would affect things. I’ll pay more attention to that and try closing tabs to see if that helps!

1 Like

I almost always have 2 sessions running: one on my phone (iOS) and one on desktop. I am logged out on both devices. I am always able to have at least one session running at a time- so it’s not that I get logged out on both, when one device is logged out the other device still has an active session. And, logging in on device 2 does not disrupt the ongoing active session on device 1.

1 Like

I had tested this previously, as I do sometimes have 2 tabs open. It does not seem to matter as the issue persists even if I only have one tab open on one device. This is on an iPad running 14.6 and seems to occur on both Safari and Chrome. One interesting observation is that sometimes I can refresh the page or go back to the previous page and then I am still logged in.

1 Like

It still happens to me, too. There isn’t any rhyme or reason. Usually I’m just on my mobile device. Occasionally I’m on my laptop. Sometimes I have it open on multiple tabs. I haven’t noticed a pattern with the logging off problem on my mobile device.

1 Like

I use both a laptop and my iPhone, but not at the same time. I always close web browsers on either device when I’m done. The issue only occurs for me on my iPhone on Safari web browser. Last night was particularly bad, every single time I clicked on a thread link to open it, it kicked me out. It also kicked me off multiple times without me clicking on anything, just scrolling through reading a thread.

3 Likes

The other thing that seems very random is that sometimes the site logs me back in automatically after a few seconds, and sometimes it doesn’t, and I have to click the button to log in.

Again, no pattern to it that I’ve noticed.

1 Like

While it was much better for a short bit. I was able to stay logged in no matter what I was doing.
I’m back to getting logged out constantly as well.
I am on my iPhone/safari about 90% of the time.
I only have one COTH tab open at a time. I get logged out every time I close my browser app & then come back.
I also get logged out much of the time when switching from the COTH tab to another open tab/website & then coming back (I’ll be logged out).

The few times I am on my chrome book, I have to log back in every time I open COTH.
If I keep the COTH tab open & go to another tab/website & then come back to the COTH tab, I’m only logged out about 75% of the time.

I use Safari on my iPhone and iPad. Just now, all I was doing was scrolling to read a thread, and twice it gave me “a problem occurred and the page is reloading” which logged me out, and once, it just logged me out, which I didn’t see until I scrolled back to reread something and the bar at the top showed I needed to log in.
Crud! It just did the logout and problem on the page thing while I was typing this post!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It has done that to me on the iPhone also, but rarely.
When it does, clicking on your icon seems to automatically log you back in.
At least for me, I don’t have to log in again thru password, etc.

The developers have a link to this thread and will hopefully be able to spend some time diagnosing the issue soon. Our apologies for the continued inconvenience!

1 Like

That was interesting so I waited until my next logout to try it.

I had an active session on desktop. On mobile, I went to an existing tab where I had COTH open. The page loaded with me logged out.

I refreshed. The page showed me as logged out.

In the same tab, I went back to the URL bar and navigated to COTH via my bookmarks.

I was directed to COTH logged in.

Now it’s just being spiteful! Lol.

The other thing it does to me is it logs me out when I’m looking at threads in current events, so that whole forum disappears, since it is only for people who are logged in, I guess. So I end up with a selection of random unrelated threads until I log in again.

Yes just have to click on “log in”, and I’m back, without having to do a password. It’s just annoying!

That’s what I’m thinking! :smile: Our devices are always paying attention - it knew I was telling on it!

It did take a couple tries this time, so I was afraid my reply was gone, but once logged back in, I could continue where I left off.

Does this happen to ALL iOS users?

Or is it a small group of people?

And if it’s a small group, what’s different for the others? :thinking:

Figure we’ve got a bunch of iOS people, but it doesn’t seem like there’s enough noise for them all to be having this problem?

Also clicking on the like/heart when you’ve been logged out, will automatically log you back in.

This morning the page format was funky, no ads or heading, then it kicked me out, the “not logged in” page.

Just logged in and all seems ok?

Maybe they are working on this?

Interesting…

This just happened to me. It has not been a problem for me historically so it was just weird. I was reading a thread, scrolled down to read the next posts and I got a pop-up that said that I had been logged off.

I am using a desk top PC with Chrome.

Me too, see post above.

I am on an older MacBook Pro and updated Safari with Big Sur.