Unlimited access >

Found cat in road

Thank you for stopping and helping her! You did right by her for sure, and insured her a quick and pain free passing.

So sorry she didn’t make it. But thank you so much for rescuing her and giving her a chance

2 Likes

Thank you guys, you really all rock and I’m so happy to find people who “get it”. Truly, thank you for the kind words. I managed to keep it together yesterday but when I made it back to my house in MA, I might have held a cat a little bit longer than they preferred, while sniffling. :cry: I haven’t called the local vets in the area yet, it’s been a tough day. I’m normally not so verklempt, this little kitty really got to me. She was so docile and scared, and deserved better.

Unfortunately the vets called me yesterday shortly after I updated you guys; she ended up passing as they were setting her up on the table. While this saved me a small amount of guilt making the decision to have her PTS, I also feel so awful she passed before she could get a peaceful chemical end. The vets are sending her remains to have her tested for Rabies as a precaution, but their suspicion is she had some sort of brain swelling and/or spinal swelling and just couldn’t rally. They noted her intestines were hard and ropy, she had okay stimuli response, but was clearly “with it” enough to be watching us warily as we examined her.

I keep thinking about how cold she was when I first picked her up. I could feel every bone along her back. When I put her in the car on my lap instead of fighting, she just sank in. She must have been so cold sitting on that awful road. Everyone, hug your pets for me today. :cry:

17 Likes

@beowulf just scooping her up off that cold road was a gift. Please find solace in that.

11 Likes

^^^^This.

Thank you.

Susan

2 Likes

Hug your cats! I am so glad you were there for her, it doesn’t make it any easier though, even if you don’t know the animal.

1 Like

Bless you for helping her cross the bridge ~

I’m sorry • I’ll never understand how someone can just drive off :cry:

1 Like