Unlimited access >

FRESH Modern Dressage Stallion to add elasticity, length of leg and hind end power.

I have loved the Coeur D’Amour babies that I have seen online, not sure any are under saddle yet to see if they kept the elasticity in their fancy foal gaits. Sinatra Song is lovely but I really think your mare needs to have the gaits as well, I’ve seen some very Hunter moving get by him.

I LOVE Gaspard de la Nuit!!! He’s only 4 this year and I’m not sure he has bred any mares yet. Great disposition, elastic, balanced & pretty. He’s on my personal watch list for my Escudo II mare. You may want to contact Willy at DG Bar to see what he thinks about Idocus with him -

UB40 may be a nice choice, I’ve seen some super young horses sired by him, some are spicy, but seem to be very ridable.

[QUOTE=SilverCreek;7986944]
As a rule, I don’t generally post on threads about stallions who have been through the SPT. Nor do I state an opinion about what they pass on to their progeny. But I feel like this is a good example of why we no longer live stream the Stallion Testing and why it is important for breeders to attend the SPT live when they can.

Saint Sandro was THREE years old when he came in for the SPT. He always came out willing and ready to do his job. He was very easy to work with and very rideable. Especially for a THREE year old. Horses, like humans, have moments of error or lack of better judgement. The judge riders take their greenness into consideration as well as the fact that they practically don’t know the stallions and their riding style or judgement in the moment can be a factor. This is not a competition or show where perfection is needed. Bucking, playing, or even one refusal is not something that is counted against the stallion unless it continues and is obvious the stallion is using it to “evade” work. This is also the reason why there are scores given during the training period. It is important that the scores the stallions receive are fair and true to their personality during this time, since they will stay with them for the rest of their life. We all know young stallions can be very excited around all the spectators, bleachers, etc. So it is important that they get scores during their normal working day as well.

Again, when it comes to any stallion, it is helpful to make reference to their INDIVIDUAL scores when it comes to assessing their rideability, character, etc. instead of observation off of a video feed. Especially when it comes to rideability. Look at the scores. There is where you will find the answers you are looking for. :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this.

I was pretty gaga over Gaspard de la Nuit but I saw on the KWPN-NA website he needed a long-lined mare. She is maiden as well so I prefer for the sire to have some offspring under saddle. Which is why we will most likely hold off on Sternlicht for now. I will give Willy a call. I am sure he will have valuable insight on Idocus offspring.

There is some Coeur d’ Amour offspring under saddle here:
http://www.hphanoverians.com/sales.html

I agree with you regarding her needing gaits. I rather avoid spicy temperaments for her first breeding.

For those of you that mentioned them, Dreamscape liked Sir G and Freestyle for her as well.

Connaisseur’s KWPN report stated he needed a more modern mare.