Unlimited access >

Frivolous spinoff of dress rule changes- what's on your shopping list?

That one look too “nutcracker” for my taste! YMMV :smiley:

1 Like

I think I can tweak the look a bit to get to more " Officer of the Continental Army" a la Hamilton :wink:

My local tack store had their summer sale and last day was 40% off breeches! I didn’t want to go too nuts, but had fun and got navy, dark grey and light grey, and on a whim, a limited edition from Horze in cilantro green. The black silicone pattern almost looks like snakeskin! They weren’t too pricey, sooo… I blame the heat wave😂! image|273x500

4 Likes

In reference to the dove grey breeches everyone wants.

I’m not sure how light dove grey is. It turns out I have light grey breeches I’d call “crusher dust” or “road base grey,” if I was a marketing director, which is why I’m not :). I think they are the same hue as the current light beige h/j breeches, if you took a black and white photo the beige and my grey would look the same, if that makes sense.

I had them out of circulation for a year or two because I thought the zipper was acting up, but wore them yesterday and they were fine.

It’s the first time I’ve been in lighter colored breeches for a couple of years. I looked at them in the full length mirror with navy polo and black field boots and really liked them. Somehow the lighter breech just looks really “correct” to me. Probably got imprinted with beige breeches at an early age.

My favorite daily breeches for the past several years have been a dark navy and a dark brown. But they are fading in an unpleasant muddy way on the front of the thighs and always look dusty dirty now. Someone mentioned this either upthread or else on the other rule change thread. It’s true. I was staying away from black summer breeches because black outdoor gear does get dusty and sad very quickly.

Anyhow none of that would apply to show breeches that you never go horse camping in or wear to stack hay :slight_smile:

But the grey is nice, and almost looks traditional but not quite, if that makes sense.

There might be a paler grey out there that is almost white, though.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the jackets My Chemical Romance wore for ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’. I like it :grin:

1 Like

I’m getting a show vest and hoping coats are waived a lot!!

3 Likes