Unlimited access >

Fun horse names

There was a little pony at the last event I went to called Kiss My Sass. Very entertaining!

2 Likes

A gal at my old barn leased one named Student Loan for a while. Always liked that one.

1 Like

Sassy Reason

1 Like

I saw an ad for a pony for sale named Jamaican Me Crazy. I’m not looking for a pony but I wanted to buy this one just for the name!

3 Likes

There was a decent racehorse named Boobsplasher at Arlington Park. I wondered if she and BT were related so checked Equibase: both born in 1985, different breeders.

1 Like

There was one who evented in area 2 under that name (and had the barn name Marty)

People always giggle at my horse named Pop Tarrt - sounds like it should be a tiny pony, but it’s his JC name and he was a pretty ok racehorse before he moved on to sport horse life

4 Likes

There was a poster here with an OTTB named Weed Eatrrrrrr (can’t remember the exact spelling) which always made me snort.

6 Likes

Maybe I read it somewhere. Thought it was so clever. I rarely show anymore but it would be fun.

I mentioned this in another thread in CE but I’ve given my 17.3hh 2,000 lb ClydeX the show name “Ever Given”.

Because he is big and sometimes hard to turn.

23 Likes

Awesome !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If he ever gets stuck in a gate or an aisleway, keeping all the other horses on the wrong side of him, definitely post a photo. :grin:

4 Likes

I feel so dumb but I don’t think I get the joke… can someone explain LOL

3 Likes

Mr. Whoopy - a show jumper stallion owned by Saer Coulter. His name was perfect for him - he loved to buck and bronc between jumps, sometimes w/ his ‘wedding tackle’ out for all too see much to the entertainment to the VIP tent.

3 Likes

It’s a reference to the massive container ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal earlier this year; the Ever Given.

5 Likes

If you are experiencing delays in deliveries of many things sourced from Asia, including new appliances, this is why. When they finally got the Ever Given out of the way there were 300 ships backed up waiting to transit the canal, in addition to the regular traffic that had already been scheduled. Some ships gave up and sailed on south around Africa, adding 2 to 3 weeks to their voyages.

One of the nuttier catastrophes of the 2020-2021 season of catastrophes. :grin:

4 Likes

All those r’s remind me of my favorite horse name of all time: Potoooooooo / Pot-8-O / Potatoes.

12 Likes

Thank you and thank you Clover5 :joy: i definitely knew the container ship in the suez canal but forgot about its name!!! i love it wow

4 Likes

Oh please don’t feel dumb!

My husband said the same, that people may not get it. I was so enthralled by the news coverage of the situation that I just HAD to give him that show name because it makes me giggle every time. :blush:

He told me it was my 2021 Tiger King :rofl:

5 Likes

Ever Given is a great name, of a horse or a ship! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I remember thinking at the time that it just figured that this dam silly ship had to have a cool name, a name that would be remembered forever in memes and jokes for all the wrong reasons!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

There’s an absolutely adorable small green I keep seeing sale ads for named “Boop My Snoot” .

I’ve probably mentioned this before – we have a male cat named Sue. He was dropped at the shelter by Good Samaritans who somehow missed seeing his family jewels & thought he was pretty & were calling him Lady. The shelter called him Dude. When I picked him up from the vet after his neuter, there was audible laughter from the waiting area when the front desk paged for Lady-Dude [Our Last Name] to be brought to check out. I’m a musician, we live in the country, the cat is comfortable with his gender fluidity. Sue it was!

7 Likes

I believe there was a pony at USEF finals this year called “In My Feelings,” and it’s barn name was Drake. I always wonder with cheeky pony names who was in on the joke, you know? Cause like presumably it wasn’t the 12 year old.

1 Like