Unlimited access >

FYI: Avoid this KKB Stallion Owner that won't answer those Tough Questions

Can’t like this post enough! How many times has a poster asked about an unproven, no longer able to be ridden ( due to injury ), but perhaps well bred mare? There’s discussion about what the mare owner wants to improve re: her conformation or size. Almost like the mare isn’t at least half the equation. And the stallion has to correct any flaws or unproven performance record or ensure longevity of use. I agree that this stallion looks like a well put together work horse whose record shows he can stand the rigors of racing. And he is pretty. Real pretty.

7 Likes

Could you imagine. :scream:

I did find the thread/comment string the OP is referring to. The thread exchange did happen, and the stallion owner changed the privacy of a big group they run on FB (OTTB Exchange) in light of it.

1 Like

I’ve been quietly following this thread and I will say that I have done business with this stallion owner. I have not bred to her stallion but I did get a OTTB mare from her almost two years ago. I found her to be honest and forthcoming with information about the mare. She was wonderful to deal with, answered every question I had to the best of her ability and I was happy with the mare as she was exactly as advertised. In my experience her to be snarky to the OPs it is out of character for her.

As a person who breeds AQHA horses for hunters (both AQHA and USEF) I like this stallion. If I had a AQHA mare that I wanted to lighten up for over fences I absolutely would breed to him. Him having color is just icing on the cake as it gives the possibility of dual registration.

22 Likes

I hope the stallion gets a few more mares now COTH knows about him.

9 Likes

@Beowulf, you absolutely bring up an excellent point. The mare is half the equation. Just because a mare has a uterus doesn’t mean she should be bred. There is only so much a stallion can do to improve a mare. Too many people have horses that are unsound that say, “Well, let’s give her a job raising babies”. Just like a stallion, what has SHE done to deserve being bred?

There are a lot of horses bred based solely on bloodlines who have not performed, and a lot of their offspring don’t live up to the hype.

And @LaurieB I have a war horse of my own. He raced for 4.5 years, retired sound. Got him straight off the track at Charles Town and got on him the next day and he rode around like he’d been doing it all his life. His personality is a 10+. Took Reserve Champion in his first jumper show, too, but he didn’t enjoy it so we didn’t go back. His favorite speed is walk.

But conformationally? He looks like he was put together out of the spare parts bin. Someone wisely cut him before I got him because his conformation is absolutely not something that should have been reproduced, regardless of the fact that he survived racing for 4.5 years and lived to tell about it.

So, no, I make no assumptions about a stallion, or any horse, just because it raced for 5 years.

“You come across as being primarily interested in social media trolling.”

Yep. Absolutely right. :roll_eyes:

I didn’t even start this thread. I just came here and said I was the person it happened to and defended myself from accusations posted here, which I can’t do on the FB post.

If you (or anyone else) want to deal with a woman who goes all tin pot dictator because she doesn’t want to answer some questions, please do! With my blessings.

The horse himself is nice, which I’ve said all along. It’s the owner who is a whackadoo.

Peace out!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I didn’t know about him and he checks a lot of my personal boxes…

5 Likes

Another way to be banned from a social media site is to use an alter to call other users “cows” and worse. We’ve banned creseida and the alter account.

23 Likes