Unlimited access >

Gerd Heuschmann

This showed up in my FB feed and I thought I’d share.

http://epona.tv/dressage-astray-part-one

Ironically- This man is the poster child for’ the emperor has no clothes’.

There are several photos out there of him riding a Freisian which should help to illustrate his hypocrisy.

There were also issues between him and Xenophon- over disagreements about how he rode horses in clinics. They asked him to stop but he refused so they parted ways.

And then there was his bickering with Phillip karl

A lot of this has magically disappeared from the net.

But he continues to rake in the dough :wink:

A lot can still be found… :lol:
While the emperor has no clothes, he still got the T-shirt!

I think he forgot to read his own book…

ETA: This is an old video/subject on Epona TV. It’s from 2013.

[QUOTE=Crockpot;8554270]
Ironically- This man is the poster child for’ the emperor has no clothes’.

There are several photos out there of him riding a Freisian which should help to illustrate his hypocrisy.

There were also issues between him and Xenophon- over disagreements about how he rode horses in clinics. They asked him to stop but he refused so they parted ways.

And then there was his bickering with Phillip karl

A lot of this has magically disappeared from the net.

But he continues to rake in the dough ;-)[/QUOTE]

Baloney.

Have you ever attended a clinic or lecture by him? I have. Do you know the backstory of the Freisian? Are you always this dismissive of people you don’t know and have never worked with or seen in person? Why? You were all over Jeremy Steinberg, never having ridden with him or knowing anything about him, and here you are sneering on Dr. Heuschmann.

Gerd Heuschmann is a German veterinarian who was trained in the German riding system, saw the problems that can arise from aspects or misapplied aspects, and spoke out about them. Agree with him or not, he is hardly a hypocrite or phony. Who cares about the bickering between him and PK? So what? That’s their business and has no effect on the way I view the value of their respective work.

To dismiss Dr. Heuschmans work, whether you like it or not or agree with it or not, without having actually studied it, is just ignorant. Do you disagree that there are training issues that can be physically harmful to horses?

Agree with him or not, he is hardly a hypocrite or phony

We can agree to disagree.

Baloney.

yes he is full of it. Goes great with Koolaid I guess.:wink:

[QUOTE=Akogler;8554332]
Do you know the backstory of the Freisian? [/QUOTE]

I actually do. It was a green/badly trained horse.

Do you disagree that there are training issues that can be physically harmful to horses?

No, we certainly don’t disagree.
Dr. Gerd Heuschmann’s training techniques were really harmful to that Friesian on that day.

[QUOTE=Sparrowette;8554234]
This showed up in my FB feed and I thought I’d share. [/QUOTE]

If you get anything on your Facebook feed about who is going to the Olympics in 2012 or guessing the outcome of Bush v Gore please start threads about those, too.

You were all over Jeremy Steinberg,

No. Not really. I agreed with a lot he said and disagreed with other bits.

I guess that is allowed on a discussion forum and doubt he cares what I think.

Not sure why you are taking it so personally.:confused:

[QUOTE=Silverbridge;8554371]
If you get anything on your Facebook feed about who is going to the Olympics in 2012 or guessing the outcome of Bush v Gore please start threads about those, too.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[QUOTE=Silverbridge;8554371]
If you get anything on your Facebook feed about who is going to the Olympics in 2012 or guessing the outcome of Bush v Gore please start threads about those, too.[/QUOTE]

Ouch :lol:

Since it’s been quoted and can’t be deleted, I will apologize to the OP for coming off so snarky.

My intention was to poke fun at the concept of posters pulling “news” from social media sources, often unchecked. It comes across as a more personal insult and for that part I am sorry.

[QUOTE=alibi_18;8554345]
Dr. Gerd Heuschmann’s training techniques were really harmful to that Friesian on that day.[/QUOTE]

Or at least ineffectual, but who would expect to cure a difficult and badly trained horse in the twinkling of an eye. I’m calling hubris.

[QUOTE=Crockpot;8554377]
No. Not really. I agreed with a lot he said and disagreed with other bits.

I guess that is allowed on a discussion forum and doubt he cares what I think.

Not sure why you are taking it so personally.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Not taking it personally at all, it just irritates me >;-> and of course its allowed, as is my irritation.

Probably because you dismiss Dr. Heuschmann out of hand as a phony and hypocrite based on internet clips and hearsay. You don’t actually address the work, just him. Youre right, Dr. Heuschmann probably doesn’t care what you think, but newbies will, and I think its wrong to dismiss his work out of hand and call him a hypocrite without ever having attended a clinic or worked with him.

Re: the Jeremy thread, you were pretty stubbornly critical. And he does actually care what people think.

[QUOTE=alibi_18;8554345]

Dr. Gerd Heuschmann’s training techniques were really harmful to that Friesian on that day.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any proof of that? Did we get to see the entire ride? or the other rides? Is it a horse that you actually know? What were the deleterious effects?

I have only been able to go to two of his US clinics. I am not sure it was hubris regarding the Friesian…people bring horses to the clinics and he is supposed to ride them. I have seen the videos but I also withhold judgement. The horses he rode in the clinics I audited improved. He rode 8 or ten horses each day. He rode them all tactfully and well and they all improved. I would not hold against him or his work the odd ones that didn’t in the one session that he is allowed.

He also taught the riders in those clinics. Some of them listened and tried; some were utterly incapable of having any positive effect on their horses. I don’t hold that against him either.

[QUOTE=alibi_18;8554345]

Do you have any proof of that? Did we get to see the entire ride? or the other rides? Is it a horse that you actually know? What were the deleterious effects?

I have only been able to go to two of his US clinics. I am not sure it was hubris regarding the Friesian…people bring horses to the clinics and he is supposed to ride them. I have seen the videos but I also withhold judgement. The horses he rode in the clinics I audited improved. He rode 8 or ten horses each day. He rode them all tactfully and well and they all improved. I would not hold against him or his work the odd ones that didn’t in the one session that he is allowed.

He also taught the riders in those clinics. Some of them listened and tried; some were utterly incapable of having any positive effect on their horses. I don’t hold that against him either.

Is it too early for wine and cheese ? Anyone have popcorn ?

[QUOTE=Crockpot;8554344]
We can agree to disagree.

yes he is full of it. Goes great with Koolaid I guess.;)[/QUOTE]

Im glad you amuse yourself with your one line snarks >;->

Curious as to your proof of hypocrisy or phoniness. Is he not a vet? Did he not go through the German system? So, he is a phony how? Are those not his true bona fides?

Does he not believe his work? of all the hundreds of horses he has ridden in clinics around the world, how many ‘abusive’ videos are there? So he is a hypocrite how? Do you have proof of his continued abuse or working in ways contradictory to his outspoken views? Do you have any actual evidence of the accusations of phony and hypocrite? Or do you just like slinging those words around?

Dismiss away. Ill continue to study people who study horses and the way their bodies function and how the work we do affects them and who are interested in their welfare. If that’s koolaid drinking, yes, I drink that koolaid :slight_smile:

There was videos and it’s been discussed at large on many platforms.

Even him admitted he shouldn’t have ridden this horse.

This guy can’t ride at the Pro level needed to conduct a riding clinic. He’s a Bereiter FN aka assistant instructor.

That is why he was asked NOT to ride in his clinics. That is why Klaus Balkenhol, Michel Henriquet and the rest of the Xenophon group kicked him out. That’s why he got into a fight with Philippe Karl. He has NO credential as a rider, he shouldn’t be giving “riding” clinics.

And the fact that he can’t ride properly just tells me that pretty much all of his theories about riding are just that, theories. and that he doesn’t even understand them…

On the same subject, I greatly prefer Dr. Hilary Clayton’s researches. She’s waaaaayyyy more objective and stays in her realm of knowledge.

[QUOTE=Mardi;8554472]
Is it too early for wine and cheese ? Anyone have popcorn ?[/QUOTE]

Hey, grab a seat next to me at the Blue Saddle Inn. I can share my plate of spring roll(kur)s!

[QUOTE=alibi_18;8554482]
There was videos and it’s been discussed at large on many platforms.

Even him admitted he shouldn’t have ridden this horse.

This guy can’t ride at the Pro level needed to conduct a riding clinic. He’s a Bereiter FN aka assistant instructor.

That is why he was asked NOT to ride in his clinics. That is why Klaus Balkenhol, Michel Henriquet and the rest of the Xenophon group kicked him out. That’s why he got into a fight with Philippe Karl. He has NO credential as a rider, he shouldn’t be giving “riding” clinics.

And the fact that he can’t ride properly just tells me that pretty much all of his theories about riding are just that, theories. and that he doesn’t even understand them…

On the same subject, I greatly prefer Dr. Hilary Clayton’s researches. She’s waaaaayyyy more objective and stays in her realm of knowledge.[/QUOTE]

I know, I remember very well all the uproar. It can all be interpreted however we personally want to interpret it. I also get egos.

I agree with you about Hillary Clayton.