Unlimited access >

Getting a port tomorrow

I shouldn’t be because it’s not really a big deal but I’m nervous. The last few times I have gotten my IVIG the nurses have taken several tries to get a vein and it’s not going to get easier

I had a broncosopy 15 months ago that did not end well.
I had to spend2 nights in the hospital and start using supplemental oxygen. It’s not looking good for me ever getting off the oxygen. This is the same facility inserting the port.

So wish me luck please. And good drugs

27 Likes

I hope things go smoothly for you!

4 Likes

Good luck tomorrow. I hope it’s uneventful and you get that nice lifting of the spirits that happens when something dreaded turns out to be easier than expected.

3 Likes

Prayers for your procedure to go smoothly. It’s always such a relief when it’s over.

3 Likes

Jingles for tomorrow!

3 Likes

Jingling like crazy here, hope all goes smoothly.

3 Likes

Me, too. I appreciate you

2 Likes

I’m sending Good wishes for you for tomorrow. You’ve got this!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Sending jingles, hugs and calming thoughts for tomorrow. Please let us know how you’re doing after. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thinking of you!

3 Likes

Big jingles for you :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Of course you are nervous! Don’t minimize your feelings :). Sending jingles that the procedure goes great and the benefit of having the port makes life a little easier!!

4 Likes

Best wishes! I have had ports in for almost 18 years now. Replaced twice now. Just be sure to get it flushed regularly. Probably 10 weeks is my max. I still travel, snorkel, do everything and sticks are much easier.

7 Likes

Best of luck! I hope the procedure goes well and that it improves your quality of life.

Rebecca

4 Likes

Good luck! Hoping it’s easier than you fear.

3 Likes

Jingles & AO ~ for a quick, painless procedure ~

3 Likes

Thanks all. It was a piece of cake

30 Likes

Wonderful news!

3 Likes

I’m so glad it went well and that’s it all over and done.

3 Likes

Yay! @Graymaresrule! So glad things went well. Hugs :hugs:

3 Likes