Unlimited access >

Goodbye, sweet Dublin (update p. 25, Dublin has crossed the bridge; update for details on funeral on page 32.)

I just got off the phone with Dublin, she called from her Vampire moment and is getting blood right now. The chemo has changed to a different type and it is knocking her for a loop. She said to please let you know since it’s difficult for her to email everyone who has so kindly written to her, and also thanks everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers and love and loff.

All I can add is this: if you didn’t pray before, please pray now. If you are already praying, pray harder. We have the most glorious evidence that it works, in the form of our little Lionheart, and if we can channel some of that over Dublin’s way, it may just do the trick.

I just can’t stress this enough.

Dublin, you GO girl!

[This message was edited by Erin on Feb. 05, 2003 at 03:45 PM.]

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Feb. 06, 2003 at 06:05 AM.]

[This message was edited by Portia on Feb. 07, 2003 at 09:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by Coreene on Feb. 08, 2003 at 12:19 AM.]

[This message was edited by Coreene on Feb. 10, 2003 at 11:44 PM.]

[This message was edited by Erin on Feb. 13, 2003 at 02:36 PM.]

Thank you so much for the update. Please send along our prayers and jingles to Dublin.

Dublin thinking of you so much.
How fortunate you are to have David (and Lucy) by your side through all of this.
Many many prayers for you.
Missing you.

David and Dublin and Lucy,

We are all thinking of you! Please keep us informed.

Im so sorry i just dont know what to say except she’ll be with god now. Godspeed Dublin!!

T I F F
http://www.readysetjumpit.com

Dublin, you can tell the nurses that some of the same chemo drugs that are used to treat breast cancer are used to treat tumors on the udders of mares. My best friend, and one of my favorite horses are both using the same drug right now.

I am still praying and jingling away right now, just as hard as I can. We miss you so much, Dublin, and want you back with us soon!

This too, shall pass.

All my prayers to Dublin and of course to David. Wishing you a painless recovery.
Jackie

I too am speechless. God bless you, Dublin and David.

All I wanted was a white knight, with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse!

DeeDee is at El Camino Hosital in Mt View, CA

“Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques” Bora Da

thank you so much for your update. I am thinking about Dublin everyday, and hope that she is feeling more comfortable, and will be up and about soon.
hugs to you both.
We have a friend who runs the Canadian Cancer Research Group. His name is Bill O’Neill and their phone # is 613 239 0220. They are on the cutting edge of cancer research and would be happy to speak with you, they also do counselling,advocacy and referrals - they have a website too, www.ccrg.com
take care, Gail

Chin up Dublin, you can beat this!!

“Friends don’t let friends reply to all”

All our strength, all our thoughts, all our curb chains jangling.

May they help to bolster your spirits and bring comfort to you and your family. Stay strong, DeeDee. Stay strong and fight.

** Dear Cupid: All I really want for Valentine’s Day is flying LEAD CHANGES!! **

Thanks for the update, David!

Deed, you are still EXPECTED to visit me here in Ireland!! I really need that groom for Dublin HS - and if you are just into hanging out, then you can sit on a chair and direct your hubby…

Of course, I will have to clear all the horse paraphenalia (sp??) out of the “guest room”… but maybe I will have a house of my own by the time you get here.

Take care!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

and JINGLES!!!

It’s OUT! Linda Allen’s 101 Exercises for Jumping co-authored by MOI!!!

Thank you David for the update. What hospital is DeeDee in? I’d love to send a card.
I am continuing to pray for a speedy and total recovery.
I really enjoyed browsing through those photos. What a beautiful rider DeeDee is! I hop to soon read that she’s back on board.

Kick on!

God Bless

Resident racing historian

[This message was edited by Linny on Feb. 03, 2003 at 10:23 PM.]

Its been far too long since we have seen your Dennis Miller tag line, Dublin.

Praying that you are the one typing the postthe next time I see it. But, in the meantime, thanks to Dave for filling us in.

Thank you Dave

“Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques” Bora Da

David,

Which chemo drug is she on?

A very close friend of mine is taking Xeloda (common for metastatic breast cancer) and she had horrible reactions to it until she limited her folic acid intake on the weeks she was taking the drug.

Please pass along to Dublin that we are thinking of her!

I’ll keep holding out for a miracle, or at least a release from pain.

jingle sob jingle jingle

Alixe

God has blessed both Dee Dee and David with each other. What an inspiring and loving tribute David has posted to Dee Dee. I, too, wish I could have the same as they have.

Hugs to David, and to their family and friends.

^-^
Don’t ask me, I’m just the mom!

~Proud member of the Thoroughbred Clique~

If Dressage is Symphony, and Eventing is Rock 'n Roll, then Hunters must be R & B

My gut at first yelled “no we can’t loose her” but I know that’s just being selfish. Take care Dee Dee know that we love you. Always.

I wasn’t plaining on riding tonight (too cold) but after reading Merry’s post I will- just for Dublin. Ditto the need for another ad.

~ Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once ~