Unlimited access >

Goodbye, sweet Dublin (update p. 25, Dublin has crossed the bridge; update for details on funeral on page 32.)

Can anyone share an update with me?
June

Major electronic hand holding right now.

Dylan Thomas <BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven’s joys, O bright heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Godspeed Dublin.

“If you ain’t got it in ya, you can’t blow it out.” Pops

Lily could you please leave this at the top today?

God Bless you Dublin, you are truly a special woman.

My thoughts and prayers are with dublin and her family.

Member of the Ocularly Challenged Equine Support Group

I am so sorry for my premature condolences. I apologize…please forgive me. A BBer e-mailed me and told me she had NOT passed and for me to please let people know.

I can’t even think of what to say.

I’m so sorry…

The dark is it’s own thing.

Coreene - that is a wonderful idea. United Pegasus does terrific work. Check out the horse Rare Angel on the excellerfund.org site. I helped get her out of Leonard’s feelot and she now lives at UPF’s Hemet facility. If we all collectively decide to do a donation to UPF, I’d be happy to take the lead or assist in gathering information, etc.

Marg.

Dave- My own mothers passing from cancer ended as your sweet Dublins did with 3 days of a painless coma. However, the sharpness of death from a prolonged illness stings the same as if it was an unexpected passing.

Hugs to you and her family. She fought a good fight.

SLW
“It is I.”

Oh, David. My deepest regards and sympathies.

I am Merry’s sister; she always speaks so highly of DeeDee. From DeeDee’s own postings here, I came to “know” her, too, and admire her for her many attributes. She is among the richest people in the world for she has touched many lives and made many, many friends.

To Dublin:

Please add my beloved Beezer and Jazz to your list of “rides” up in that great show ring. I will depend on you to feed them their apples, cotton candy and carrot cake. Both love to have their withers scratched; Jazz will be a little standoffish (he always was with strangers) but Beezer will amble right on over and make a pest of himself.

I find I’ve become quite a fan of Sarah McLachlan; may her words bring you and yours a small measure of peace:

in the arms of an angel
fly away from here …
you’re in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there

** Dear Cupid: All I really want for Valentine’s Day is flying LEAD CHANGES!! **

My thoughts of peace are with you Dee Dee and David.

jingling jangling…

I am one of the many here who thoroughly enjoyed Dublin’s posts even though I never had the opportunity to meet her in person. It is abundantly clear that she is a truly remarkable woman with an equally remarkable spouse. Cheers!

I am ashamed to say that I have been consumed in recent days with petty, insignificant issues that I have been whining about to all and sundry. Reading these posts has reminded me about what is REALLY important. As this was the final subject my mother and I discussed before she finally lost her battle to cancer at only 56, you would think it would be a lesson that would be front and center for me at all times. I am embarrassed to see how easily I am distracted by the day-to-day trivia.

My mom’s final advice to me was to make sure I took nothing for granted, and made time for those things that were important to me. To not put off meaningful things 'til whenever - but to make time for them NOW.

Dublin, there is no doubt that you made the most of every day - and Mr. Dublin, that you were part of an inspired partnership. There is no greater achievement.

May the memories of happy times and the love you will forever hold in your heart be a comfort and joy to you always.

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
Oscar Wilde (1854”"1900)

May God Bless you and keep you safe in His arms Dublin.

‘For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered? Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.’ The Prophet Khalil Gibran

‘The Soul takes flight to the world that is invisible; but there arriving, she is sure of bliss, and forever dwells in Paradise.’ Plato

-Albion

‘O lente, lente currite noctis equi’ - Ovid

Im so sorry. What an amazing and strong person and family.

~Where nice horses arent the fad…they happen all the time!~
www.carosello.homestead.com

Godspeed, little D.
Sweet dreams, little D.
O my love will fly to you each night on angels’ wings.
Godspeed.
Sweet dreams.
– Adapted from “Godspeed”: Words and Music by Radney Foster; from the Dixie Chicks’ CD “Home”

Oh, geez.

What a wonderful, graceful, elegant life.

My condolences to those who knew her.