Unlimited access >

Gush Thread: Beowulf gets a filly (updated 5/12/22)

Some COTH friends have asked me when I will update the COTH-family… and now that the baby has been with us a week, I think it’s time.

Last week, our family farm welcomed a hallmark addition – a beautiful Sir James x Desert Moon Hanoverian 6m/o filly bred by Hof Mendenhall Hanoverians.

Her registered name is Serenity HM - but we haven’t figured out a barn-name for her yet. I’m taking suggestions. She’s so personable, but has opinions. The boys are just enamored with her and she is a little riot. She stalks the chickens around the paddock and sleeps on fresh piles of hay.

My plan for her is dressage - this is my first dressage-bred horse and I’m still pinching myself!

11 Likes

CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations. She does have that little gleam in her eye.

I am terrible at names. I am sure you will get lots of suggestions.

Susan

What a precious filly!
(and I don’t advocate breeding but if I’d ever bred Callie, as everyone wanted me to, I’d want the foal to look like your little filly.)

1 Like

Congratulations! I love the baby blanket. Linda breeds some nice horses!

1 Like

She a beauty! :slight_smile:

BEST of luck with her, it sounds like she will be spectacular.

Raising a baby (horse!) is such a wonderfully fulfilling, amusing, exciting and rewarding experience (as you know); I bred my competition mare and her filly is now 4 1/2, and is the apple of my eye. Every day is a new adventure, and the relationship is remarkable; nothing like it :wink:

You will of course keep us posted with updates and PICS as she grows???

1 Like

She is just beautiful. Congrats!

1 Like

Cute. Congrats!!!

Serenity was the name of the movie they made for the Firefly TV series. It featured female characters named Zoe, River, and Inara.

I also think “Rennie” is a unique/nice name that comes right out of “Serenity.”

2 Likes

Siri. Then you can chatter to her instead of the duck and when your SO gives you grief, you can just say you were talking to Siri. :lol:

1 Like

That last photo is so cute, she wants to be a little horse with the big guys!

1 Like

I’d name her Zoe, after the First Mate on the short lived TV show Firefly. The ship was named Serentiy. Plus she looks like a Zoe to me. She’s beautiful. Good luck with her.

2 Likes

Congrats, Hof Mendenhall breeds amazing horses, I can imagine how thrilling that is.

If it were me, Serenity = Rennie.

Plus I know a really nice and intelligent woman named Rennie, so that would make it a positive name in my mind.

1 Like

Congrats, Hof Mendenhall breeds amazing horses, I can imagine how thrilling that is. I love her little swoosh of a star.

If it were me, Serenity = Rennie.

Plus I know a really nice and intelligent woman named Rennie, so that would make it a positive name in my mind.

1 Like

Two of my favorite novels feature a young woman named Serenity, called Rennie. So I second the suggestions for Rennie.

She is darling, and I love that blanket!

1 Like

Congrats!! She’s darling!!!

1 Like

She’s a beauty! I like the Firefly inspired ideas, but really what’s wrong with just calling her Serenity? I like it. She doesn’t need a 2nd call name…

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Lovely, lovely prospect.

1 Like

That is one adorable baby! She is lovely! Congratulations on the little addition.

How about Serene? Means: calm, peaceful, untroubled, tranquil. When I first saw her photos, I thought How sweat, calm, confident, relaxed. That was before I really paid attention to what her name was.

1 Like

what a dollbaby/- she’s really lovely. congratulations and have fun.

1 Like