Unlimited access >

Gush Thread: Beowulf gets a filly (updated 5/12/22)

what a pretty young mare! Her front legs are perfect…

1 Like

What a wonderful adventure you’ve had raising her. She’s beautiful and I’m sure she’ll fulfill all your dreams!

2 Likes

Blue Ribbon ~ lovely mare ! Be proud !

Wonderful job ! Thanks for sharing !

1 Like

Please tell me I’m not the only one still wondering what you decided for a barn name for this gorgeous girl!

4 Likes

She is lovely. BUT WHAT IS HER BARN NAME?

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, she’s great, beautiful, wonderful, dream come true.

WHAT IS HER BARN NAME?

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS! How wonderful for you, and for her.

1 Like

We share a philosophy. Don’t need no store bought ponies.

1 Like

Tagging @vxf111 and @SillyHorse since they asked too. Her barn name is Evie – named after a very special mare that COTHer Chism (who facilitated the whole thing) took care of. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Very cute!!!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

Oh, that was my mother’s name! She would be so thrilled that a beautiful bay filly shares her name. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

She’s lovely and seems like a solid Citizen! Congratulations to your homebred! That’s quite a feat!

OK, What is the sire line? What is the dam line?

:slight_smile:
Yay!

1 Like

I didn’t breed her, but her breeder is a family friend (Hof Mendenhall). She is by Sir James out of a Desert Moon x Wesley mare. I am exceptionally lucky - this mare is almost a carbon copy of her brilliant dam, with just a little more modernity. I took care of her dam while she was in foal with her and loved her personality and type. This mare’s brain is just incredible.

1 Like