Unlimited access >

Gush Thread: Beowulf gets a filly (updated 5/12/22)

Congratulations! May she live a long and healthy life and give you many years of friendship.

1 Like

Beautiful, congratulations!!!

1 Like

I’m in love with the blanket – the little gold horses! So adorable. And those tiny feet on the pile of hay. <3

At first I thought, “Sarah” – 1st 2 syllables of “Serendipity” plus chock full of meaning. (hope, faith, also thought it meant Star in some language)

But maybe too common.

How bout “Zayda.” Arabian for “Lucky” (“serendipitous”).

1 Like

She’s so gorgeous! Huge congratulations.

I’m also loving all the Firefly themed names :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG!! The first thing that came to mind was how dreamy her eye looks!! LOVE IT!!

:yes:

1 Like

I’m so excited for you! She’s really beautiful. And she and my 9 month old colt have the same face!

Mine is Oldenburg x Tb and was born right here on the farm. What an adventure, isn’t it?

1 Like

Sorry, that link isn’t working. Try this one

1 Like

Oy Vay with the links not working!!!

One more try. It really is an adorable face and looks so much like yours!

1 Like

Gah! What site did you use to share your photos? Snapfish is clearly not working.

1 Like

[QUOTE=ACMEeventing;9040308]
I’m so excited for you! She’s really beautiful. And she and my 9 month old colt have the same face!

Mine is Oldenburg x Tb and was born right here on the farm. What an adventure, isn’t it?[/QUOTE]

No fair! you can’t tease with adorable photos only to have the link be broken :stuck_out_tongue: Oldenburg X TB - who is the stallion?

I used the FB direct link… but I’ve had excellent luck with Photobucket… I had to sign up for it after my preferred image hosting website (www.antifaro.com) went down… for good, it seems.

Thank you everyone who chimed in… We’re still undecided on a name - Siri was a favorite but didn’t pass the Council (plus SO has a thing for Cortana and was suitably betrayed… but I loved Siri as a suggestion)… and can’t do Wren/Ren because it’s too close to MY name…

She’s SO friendly. She’s come out of her little shell and comes up to you in the paddock and when you’re walking along the fence she has to know what you’re doing. No more break-ins since last week (ahem, Holden used his aforementioned heft to break through the fence to be with her :eek: that fence got wired with electric FAST) and she’s learned to tie, stand, lead, move over, and pick up her feet. She still doesn’t like having the blanket pulled on and off but she’s very smart. She still goes ‘chicken bowling’ any time there’s an avian interloper in her paddock, which is very funny as she takes offense when they take wing.

She’s also picked up on some of Holden’s habits: namely, licking things she shouldn’t be licking: click.

Omg the licking picture is SO CUTE:eek::smiley:
We need an emoji with the smiley-face-heart-eyes!

1 Like

Someone needs to tell her that her tongue could get stuck :lol:
Congratulations! She looks like she will be a lot of fun!

1 Like

Last try. Direct FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1831183617132470&id=1531637007087134&substory_index=0

1 Like

Posting photos from Facebook

Took me a bit, but finally the penny dropped:

[LIST=1]

• At your Facebook page, click on the picture you want to use so it opens up in the window on top of window. In this mode, you can see people's comments to the right of the picture.
  • Right-click on the center of the picture, then choose "Open picture in new tab."
  • Switch to the new tab with now only the picture on it. Use the URL from [I]this[/I] tab to post to forum messages. [/LIST]
  • 1 Like

I figured this thread was way overdue for an update… Can y’all believe this baby is five? She will be six in July.

She was backed the fall of her 3 y/o year, had the winter off, and then spent last summer doing trail rides and hunter paces to get her exposure and general mileage. She finished up the season strong with three hunter paces under her belt and at our last one was popping over Novice level fences like they were ground poles. Really excited about this year with her. My goal is to get her out at her first dressage show this summer/fall.

Her first hunter pace last summer as an unplanned sub-in for my main horse, who pulled a shoe:

A photo taken last fall of us riding through gorgeous Wentworth country; that is me & the filly in the road taken by my friend:

A photo of her right next to the bay, same pace as above.

Last fall - the filly on the left, Holden on the right.

Taken last week. Filly on the left, Holden on the right. On weekdays, she gets ponied off of Holden for trail exposure/mileage.

Taken last week, a tired filly at the end of a pony-hack.

Taken yesterday:

33 Likes

Shes lovely! Congratulations on developing such a solid citizen!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Your horses are just lovely and that filly is quite beguiling. And Serenity is a great name. In time her personality will help you find a nickname for her. Something that popped into my head was Sara. Or you could spell it Sera. I believe Sarah means “princess.”

1 Like

What a gorgeous girl.

I don’t know how I missed this thread 5 years ago. I thought it was new for a second. :joy:

2 Likes

Love the update. She’s lovely.

2 Likes