Unlimited access >

Help me ID this farm visitor Updated 6/8/22

They destroyed my vegetable garden. Ate most everything down to the ground. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Lol so the first year we were here, I started a garden. The deer (plentiful!) left it alone. I thought I was brilliant. This isn’t so hard, why do people complain? I got just a bit of produce off it, you know, that first baby wave of stuff that gets you excited about what’s to come?

The deer came on at that point and feasted. All of it gone over a matter of days. Because of course they did đŸ€Š

Haven’t tried again. Won’t, unless we fence it. Just not worth the effort!

1 Like

Nooooo :sob:

Been there.

1 Like

We didn’t have anything to pick yet, but it was all starting to flower and produce. I was feeling so accomplished. :weary:

We are going to fence off what remains so we hopefully won’t have another vegetable massacre.

I had that happen. No problems for years and then one summer they moved in. They ate all my tomato plants and peppers in two nights. Nothing left. I had a small tape fence ( not hot) to keep the horses out since it is in the back of the barn. I put up 4 and 5 foot field fence and then took bamboo poles sourced from my sister and zip tied them to the t posts holding up the field fence. Put netting on that. Eight foot fence! No more problems. It is sagging somewhat but is still too tall to make the effort attractive for deer. Looks tacky as hell but I have no neighbors back there. And didn’t require special skills to construct.

1 Like