Unlimited access >

Help!!! Walmart has sucked me in!...

(The MJ posts are so depressing I had to start something else.)

I just ran in for pantyhose I swear! What is a princess to do?..

But then I went in the back entrance to avoid the front lines…
Is it me or are lawn stuff getting fancy? I left with a new hose (not panty), hose cart/box, set of stepping stones, some things called an ‘estate trim fence’ (about 7" tall), nice picnic dishes w/matching silverware… All ment for my horsevan/show stuff (and of course for COTH get togethers)

I would have gotten the cool fountian for $50 but Mr. Showjumps has put me on an allowance! Wouldn’t that be awesome for shows?! Since I am going to all those Arab shows this year I am thinking I should ‘work’ on him about it I hate NOT to fit in…

BTW forgot the pantyhose and had to stop off at Foodlion

“Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
“When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died. Peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.” * Author Unknown

tar-Jay baby. all the way.

Always,
FairWeather
"Just call me mint jelly cuz i’m on the lamb!–Grandpa
http://www.fairweather-farm.com

I buy a LOT of horse stuff at Wally World. Why, just last week I got the best sheepskin grooming mitt for 5 bucks. Half what they wanted for essentially the same thing in Schneiders.

Also got a lot of stuff for new trailer there. Lug wrench, etc. So it’s important to know where all the new ones are located.

I wasn’t aware of the jacked-up gas prices seeing as my only modes of transportation here at school are the #1 bus (straight to the Meijer parking lot, ahh the convenience!) and my bike, which is extremely fuel efficient. That really sucks that they did that, if I had a car I would definitely boycott them and go to the Target further down the road.

And as for the sofa purchasing at 3 a.m., you can also purchase last minute horse show essentials at 4 a.m. on your way out of town (last time it was ice and a sponge)! Also, since I’m from Bloomfield Hills, I think it’s safe to assume that Worthy and I have both terrorized the aisles of that particular Meijer in the wee hours of the morning! But now we have our very own Target (wonderful Rubbermaid selection), so I’m afraid Meijer is going to have to step it up or get left in the dust.

<A cada cual lo suyo>

Paintpony,

Last time I checked in Leesburg, they had phased out almost all the horse stuff. I refused to buy horse stuff there, as they would be attempting to drive my local (in this case Clifton Saddlery in Leesburg) tack shop out of business, and then they were also selling grain…once again, I’d rather support those small, specialty shops instead of a superchain.

BUT, Since I’ve been actively boycotting Walmart…with a few, exceptions, they could have stocked up on that stuff again. Or is there just a tiny little stock now.

Ahhhh!! We have a 24 hour Wal Mart in town, and I never leave there without spending at least $50. There is just so much stuff! Who can leave without some candles and candle holders, a video, some car cleaning stuff, fabric for some curtains that you want to make, and food! Our Wally World has a grocery store too! I have made many late night excursions there and it is pure evil!!

PS - never go in there after a couple of beers! Everything looks even better with Bud Light!

They do still have the bulk food! They even have bulk dog and cat food and dog biscuits! My horse has consumed many a starlight mint from the Meijer bulk aisle. Much cheaper than buying a bag of them.

<A cada cual lo suyo>

We call Target the $100 store, because it’s not possible to leave without spending less than that. I find Wal-Mart a little depressing, but since there is one next to the barn (and next to every show grounds ever – why is that?), I find myself there often.

I had never heard of Meijers before Tuesday, when someone gave me directions that included “turn after the Meijers” – now I hear it’s a mecca for cheap stuff. May need to go there and do a little, um, investigation.

–R

TLE, I didn’t know this! Good on you!

I have a defunct gay gene that forces me to salivate anytime I’m near a Tractor Supply Company. They have lots of great horse stuff there, usually pretty darn cheap, and all sorts of other lawn/gadgety stuff.

You can buy a bag of white hand towels - perfect for grooming touch-ups - for less than $2.

Robby

1-800, I have visions of a great gathering of culteral diversity in the Fuquay Wally World parking lot. Art beyond belief. I can just imagine the wonderful array of velvet paintings that I will be able to purchase to grace my home.

Elvis anyone?

Pegasus perhaps?

I loooooooove Target. I stopped there on my way to the barn the other day (that was just dangerous, I was in a good mood already - usually I go for a bargaining pick-me-up). I walked out with markers for writing on cds, the Pete Yorn cd for the low low price of $8 (!!!), lotsa gummi worms, altoids, and a magazine. How much did this cost me? Under $20. WOOHOOO!

Im another fan of Meijers. We Michiganders sure know how to live.

.:Erin B #2:.
You cannot stop us, you cannot bring us down,
Never give up, we go on and on.

I hated it each time. It is dirty, the lines are unbelievably long and the clerks are either rude or hiding in a corner somewhere.

I hope KMart doesn’t go out of business - our store is much better.

“We ride and never worry about the fall.
I guess that’s just the cowboy in us all.”
Tim McGraw

Check out the garden department.
Last week I bought the Bumpkinette and I some really nice suede, Hunter Green and Sage Green, all leather gloves Something to keep in tack trunk for when you need gloves.
They also had these great hanging hold all things, like you see for your horse trailer door or grooming area to stuff about 20 horse brushes in…I think it was $12!!
I could spend hours in Target, they are so much fun.

“Odd How A Full Moon Brings Out the Looneys”

Mr Wings may hit Target with me anytime.

I live about 5 miles in either direction exactly between 2 newish TARGET’S!!

Atleast once a week, I grab a cart and make the same loop up and down the aisle’s, and don’t forget the end of the aisle’s near the walls!!! That is where the real bargain stuff is. Target never keeps anything for more than a few weeks, and it is at 50% to 70% off.

In the auto department I pick up the largest bundles of white cloths/rags to keep in the tack room for anyone to use for cleaning etc… clean ones in one laundry basket, dirty in another.
We take turns taking the dirty laundry home and washing in that bargain priced, Target, laundry detergent.

“Have You Hugged Your Trainer Today?”

I buy tons of horse related items at Target!!
Leather gloves, toys for Elliot, rub rags, Polo shirts, rubbing alcohol, Elliot’s favourite body brush is from Target!!

If anyone ventures into the garden department right now they will find some really well priced items for horse show use.
They even have these great wooden brush holders with a handle for 9$!!!

“Have You Hugged Your Trainer Today?”

edit

I went in yesterday to get some wire shelving (on sale).
They were out. Figured as long as I was there, I would pick up some of those little scale model NASCARs for my nephew’s birthday. And there were some cool HotWheels, and a new piece of track. That was ok.

Unfortunately, I walked down an aisle in the toy department that had this big toy horse that was the right size for his sister’s American Girl doll. And then there was the English saddle (which came, I am pleased to say, with a helmet with a little harness!!!)
Then there was the grooming tote with the little curry and showsheen and bellboots and shipping wraps…
It took all my will to not buy the quilted plaid blanket and matching hood.

I spent $100 bucks and left the store without what I went for.

Well the trick is they didn’t mean 24 hours IN A ROW!!!

courtesy Stephen Wright, comedian

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

Our Walmart is a haven for petty criminals. You know it’s bad when the city has to open a police substation in the storefront next door. Thank goodness it’s on the far, far side of town from me.

I attend the far more chic Target store. There, the worst criminal I encounter is the checkout girl who can’t seem to accept that No, I do NOT want a Target credit card!

I always hit Target before a horse show: all those little sample-sized bottles of shampoo, deodarant, etc. Then the hairnets. And the bobby pins. Oh, and don’t forget the munchies for snacking in the hotel room!

Show me… Gummi Bears!

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

My thing at Target is picture frames. They have a really great collection of picture frames that are unique! My recent acquisition was one of those flip picture frame thing-ys with a silver frame with flowers.