Unlimited access >

Help with CWD 2G pricing... looking for input!

Hi everyone, trying to figure out pricing on new CWD 2G saddles and am getting vague answers from CWD and rep. Anyone willing to share what they paid for a new 2G recently? I’d heard $6500 for grain calf, any thoughts on buffalo?

Also, any thoughts on where to find a good used or demo? Have talked to Patricia at fine used saddles and Rachael at I Sell Tack… both on look out for me but nothing yet!

A friend’s daughter tried one when she was in Ocala last winter, and brand new it was $6,500 at that time. Despite how ugly it is, she said it was amazing to ride in and really wanted one. They are so new its probably hard to find them used.

I’ve heard they’ve gone up in price this year?

There are a number of used ones on eBay for right around $4k. I have a friend with one who really likes it, but she only uses it on one of her horses.

i saw the Ebay ones! They’re really good prices, but i need a weird configuration for myself and my horse so nothing there would work… yet!

a girl at the barn ordered one two weeks ago and she said she paid 7400$

Wow! Is that US dollars?

[QUOTE=Royal Monaco;7410038]
a girl at the barn ordered one two weeks ago and she said she paid 7400$[/QUOTE]

Yikes! That is more than some people paid for their horse. I wouldn’t pay that much for something so ugly. :slight_smile:

ugly, but worth it! they fit some horses great and if you’ve struggled forever to find the right saddle well then, it’s priceless!

Can’t help with pricing, but I’ve seen a few other 2GS. CWD Used Sellier has a few, and Maryland Tack Exchange has one too:
http://mdtackexchange.com/HJ53.html

Danforth Fine Used Saddles has one as well, but there’s enough customer service horror stories about that outfit to fill a muck bucket to the brim.

If you are really serious about a 2G, definitely keep getting in touch with the major French consignment vendors. If they know you’re looking, you’ll be their first call when they get one.

Used CWDs are also cheaper and more available in Europe, so if you’re prepared to go that extreme, you might find a deal. It’s not easy to ferret them out, though.

Danforth, tell me about it! How does she stay in business? I know of two people personally who’ve had serious trouble there.

My chances of finding what I need used are slim. I’m just trying to get some firmer idea of the cost of new these days!

[QUOTE=amiceman;7410277]

My chances of finding what I need used are slim. I’m just trying to get some firmer idea of the cost of new these days![/QUOTE]

Why not just call CWD for the new price?

There are several on CWD’s website.

Example:
http://used.cwdsellier.com/saddle/detail/1005/#content

It is Canadian dollars (including taxes and shipping). She negociated free bridle, stirrups leather and girth because it is the 3rd saddle she buys at CWD.

I’m curious, is the 2g a deeper seat than the seo2? How does it ride different from my normal Cwd? I have not wanted to sit in one because I’m afraid I will want it! Gary is the Midwest rep and I have found him to be a great fitter, and very forthright. You could call him and he’ll give you the price. The reason you may be getting different answers is because generally speaking. If you’ve already bought a saddle from a rep before, you get a break. Gary’s # is 313-588-2474.

The new prices are also likely for the 2GS, the newer model. The 2G is the first version, which is likely what you are seeing available used. I test rode one when the rep came to fit my horse, only because he’s a weird fit and very finicky about saddles and the fitter was curious what he would think of the 2G. Of course the big goober went amazing in it, but there is NO way I could afford one, a used grain/calf was at the tippy top of my budget.

The 2GS is just amazing!!! I loved my County, it fit my horse perfectly and then my daughter put me in the 2GS and the rest was history! I know they are expensive but worth every penny :wink: Last price was 6500.00 but I think there was a price increase in January.

Horrible.

You guys are horrible enablers! This is bad. Now I feel like I need one.

[QUOTE=Justice;7416027]
You guys are horrible enablers! This is bad. Now I feel like I need one.[/QUOTE]

If I wasn’t a poor graduate student with a farm to support, I would order a full buffalo 2GS in a heartbeat! It is a HEAVENLY saddle!

Go ahead Justice, you really NEED a new saddle. :yes: