Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Thank you! This kiddo has wonderful natural feel and great instincts when adjusting to the unexpected. Henry’s first little effort over the log was a bit of a pop-up from a very slow pace and this rider just went right with him without interfering.

32 Likes

In the comparison photo, the difference in the look in his eye is wonderful. In the first photo he looks depressed and resigned. In the second, he’s alert, looking around, and happy. I love his ermine marks.

25 Likes

And his ears are forward in every new photo. Love him!

8 Likes

What did you use to get his legs so white? My horse’s stockings seem to be permanently stained. yellow.

Wow, wow, and wow agaun

2 Likes

Just regular Orvis! He’s not a mud hog thankfully and I did clip his legs when he arrived.

He looks about 8 years younger in about 2 months! :heart::joy:

8 Likes

That is so kind of you. Henry gets lots of kisses especially since he’s very snuggly. Not in an obnoxious way but he loves being groomed and adores having his face and ears rubbed on.

I have a barn full of very pretty heads but his long nose and huge soft eyes and inviting expression put him right up there with the beauty queens he’s sharing space with. And his lower lip, which droops adorably when he’s chillin, is PINK.

I just can’t with him.

21 Likes

Lots of real estate from ears to nose on this one! :rofl:

40 Likes

Blimey. You can’t just drop this into the convo without a photo.

9 Likes

such a sweet face!

Pictures please!!!

1 Like

So. Pink.

54 Likes

My pony Salt let his lower lip flop as well. It was so cute, and pink as well. I don’t have any pictures of it, but I do have a few somewhere of him sticking his tongue out.

Rebecca

4 Likes

Oh! The PINKNESS!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have one of those too:

21 Likes

That is the face of an honest citizen, right there.

10 Likes

There’s no way I would not be touching the lip.

5 Likes

To all you enablers, here’s my chance to return the favor.

Henry’s half brother (same sire) is for sale. I saw him in person when I picked up Henry. He’s about the same size, a nice colorful pinto, and was being walked around in tack with a child on his back. I also saw him walk on the trailer. I didn’t see him trot. He was a bit crooked in front and his feet were in very bad shape. He doesn’t have the bone structure that Henry has.

They jokingly offered him to me instead of Henry at the time, but I declined. Even though the half brother appeared more attractive on the surface, I preferred Henry’s solid frame and good straight legs.

Happy to pass along contact info if anyone is interested! I am not in any way connected to his owner, and you still have to travel to the middle of nowhere PA to get him. :rofl:

15 Likes

Get thee behind me, satan! :rofl:

16 Likes

:innocent:

1 Like