Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

I’m glad he’s still here! :smiley:
I’m in denial about some age-related things too.
Gotta stop galumphing (wannabe cantering).

2 Likes

I have been following since day 1 but had coth login issues til now.

OMG he’s so cute! He looks like a different horse.

P.

6 Likes

@2bayboys,

I would like to borrow Henry’s jockey. I would love to have her school my youngster.

6 Likes

Visions of Summer Pony…

8 Likes

She’s a good one! Sixteen years old and just a lovely, intuitive, sympathetic rider.

Unfortunately she’s leaving for college in January! :sob:

4 Likes

Dayum

1 Like

The people you got him from… have more?
Like hotcakes, I tell ya’

1 Like

What a wonderful young rider.

She really appears to have a very nice feel. Tell her we said so!

@2bayboys, do you have contact with HTH’s former owner, or was she not interested in how he’s coming along?

1 Like

I reached out shortly after I got him home and she never responded so I haven’t pursued further contact.

4 Likes

Potential solutions:

A) Clone her.

B) Sabotage her college acceptance.

C) Persuade her that you don’t need college to be a horse pro, and you can make millions the first year you start as a pro. When after a year she comes complaining, just keep putting it off with “next year it’ll happen!”

So, starting college at 17? One of the smart ones. Will help change the world in a good way.

15 Likes

Yes indeed.

There is a silver lining. I train her younger cousin also, she’s turning twelve this year. Same good instincts and natural feel. They make me look good. :heart:

30 Likes

Where is she going to college? :face_with_monocle:

Okay…okay…but really…

…where is she going to college?

3 Likes

Interesting Henry update. Had a friend over this morning who is a certified Pony Person ™️ and she wanted to put a stick on Henry.

My hony is a pony. :rofl:

Just a hair under 14.2 at the end of his trim cycle.

At just four it’s quite likely he’ll end up a hony after all, but my almost-twelve-year-old rider just got VERY excited.

43 Likes

Pony Finals, here they come!

11 Likes

If you give Henry to her, she may make millions. But then you wouldn’t have Henry anymore. Decisions…

2 Likes

Your 12 yo can still show him in the greens for a year, though!

9 Likes

I expect I’ll show him for his first year or so as I’m lucky to have lots of good quality local show options where adults can ride ponies. And getting baby horses going in the show ring is my forte and what I truly enjoy, before passing them on to other riders. But I can see Henry becoming a very nice fun Childrens Pony if he stays under height. I’ll always have riders for that!

24 Likes

That was my thing, too. So many fun memories of calmly, yet confidently, getting the baby greenies in there and helping them have a good experience.

I can’t wait to see what’s in Henry’s future!

5 Likes

maybe we can have a COTH cheering section for you, depending on where the shows are. I know I would love to do that if you are in a reasonable driving distance from me.

6 Likes