Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Absolutely nothing new and exciting happening with Henry these days except more of the same sort of boring easy stuff for his four-year-old brain and body. He gets easier and easier every day and regularly trail rides out with me solo. He loves when the kiddos ride cause that’s less work. :heart:

46 Likes

Oh, Henry. You are a wonder pony!

8 Likes

Slow, steady and boring is great! He is developing so nicely under your care - I hope he knows what a lucky pony boy he is :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So adorable!

Now I’m not sure if in my next life if I want to come back as one of your hony riders or as one of your hony prospects.

12 Likes

Just had to share this adorable picture. Henry’s next door neighbor can let himself out of the stall if someone (errrr, me, I’m the someone) forgets to secure the extra pony-proof latch. Said neighbor has no interest in going anywhere except to find snacks, and in this case he strolled over to steal from the haynet. Henry clearly doesn’t mind sharing. :heart:

71 Likes

That looks like a meme (or a Christmas card) in the making.

Adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I love his two tone tail!

2 Likes

Aw, that is the cutest picture. Henry is a sweetheart and he’s looking amazing.

2 Likes

Does Henry get turnout with buddies? He looks as if he’d enjoy that.

What a great photo!

3 Likes

That is a look of sheer bliss. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I second the Christmas card idea! Just edit in some holly garland over the doorway, a snowy frame, or icicles…

6 Likes

Oh yes! He has two geldings he goes out with, and the black horse is his next door stall neighbor and they play kissy-cheeks all day long :rofl:

11 Likes

That’s great. What a lucky Henry to have you and your pony jocks to care for him, and to give him friends to hang out with.

4 Likes

There are not enough :heart: for me to like this pic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Henry’s eyes!

5 Likes

I want to boop Henry’s muzzle. It looks extra boopable with him blissing out with his neighbor.

He is the sweetest!

8 Likes

Four-month glow up!

Y’all. I’m starting to get really excited about this one. :heart:

I do the riding during the week, kiddo rides on the weekend, and we are moving right along. #henrythekeeper

44 Likes

I had to go back to Post#1 & Henry’s Before.
JUST 4 MONTHS??!?
@2bayboys You have some eye! :eyes:
Frosting on the cake is his personality & What-Evs attitude to anything you’ve thrown at him :star_struck:

4 Likes

I do like looking at his before photo. He was so sad then and now he’s such a goofy happy guy.

With such a very big head.

25 Likes

You need to put both pictures together.
Shows what difference by taking proper care of a horse does.
So happy for him and you that he fell into your hands. :star_struck:

8 Likes

It doesn’t seem possible that these are the same pony. In addition to proper care, my guess is that lots of loving has contributed to his transformation.

10 Likes