Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Here you go! If he didn’t have those distinctive pinto markings, I wouldn’t be able to recognize him as the same horse! :heart_eyes:

50 Likes

Wow, what an amazing difference, a lesson for all how a horse can change. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Wow! He does look like a completely different horse. It’s amazing what proper exercise does for a neck, huh?

6 Likes

Wow, no kidding! In the “before” photo he looks like a sad Eeyore. Now he looks like a prince. :blue_heart:

13 Likes

I swear to goodness his head shrank.

7 Likes

It’s all about proportions Henry! Make the butt bigger so the head looks smaller lol!

11 Likes

His head was always just the right size. Now he has the neck to go with it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Which do I love more?

The lovely, relaxed attitude?
The adorable front end over fences?
The perfectly rhythmic canter?

Hmmmmmmmm.

I’ll get back to you.

12 Likes

Look at his facial expression!
If that doesn’t say everything…

1 Like

Heavenly. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

nothing like proper muscles in neck, shoulder, and butt to make everything come in to proportion

4 Likes

Henry meets a teeny tiny oxer for the first time and doesn’t die :heart:

46 Likes

OMG those knees! That expression!

4 Likes

Does anyone else remember Helen Brew and Sebastian from the UDBB? Henry’s development reminds me of Sebastian.

1 Like

Wins the understatement of the year award! :rofl:

Honestly did any see just how much of a diamond was hiding in the rough there?

9 Likes

Honestly when I looked at him in person the first time I was underwhelmed. BUT he had good straight solid-bone legs, big balanced feet, an outstanding tracking-up walk, and really cute color.

But he has exceeded my expectations so far and blossomed far more than I would have thought. Lucky lucky me.

31 Likes

Henry reminds me of Mr. Ragman. (A Horse Like Mr. Ragman by Rachel Rivers-Coffey) :grin:

1 Like

I keep thinking I can’t love Henry more and I keep being proven wrong!

7 Likes

I was just going to ask the same thing. I mean, originally he was a hairy beast lacking muscle, but I figured he’d be a cute project hony that would end up being… useful.

But what an incredible find. And what a great eye @2bayboys has! Henry is adorable and now looks all classy, like a spotted prince. Can’t wait to see him at a show!

10 Likes

That orange pad is SO his color!!

2 Likes