Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Just curious…What is the UDBB?

1 Like

The Ultimate Dressage Bulletin Board, now defunct. Ran for about 11 years, I think, and predated COTH’s open forums on non-horse topics.

3 Likes

It should be “what was?”

See

for a discussion of its demise.

2 Likes

One more little jump school yesterday to work on some straightness issues and solidify his confidence before Henry gets a scheduled vacation, and the kiddo kept getting jumped out of the tack. I really really like this pony!! :heart::heart::heart:

57 Likes

Is it just me or, just based on a virtual string test comparing day one to current pic…has he grown some?

I wouldn’t be at all surprised since his topline is improving so much. I’ll have to put a stick on him this week and check!

Nooooo! Tell Henry he needs to stay pony-sized.

When I was a kid, my large pony, Peanut Butter, was so close to being oversized that we had to do her hoof trims the day before a show and use the thinnest aluminum plates available. :rofl:

Her height was never challenged, but if it had been, it would have been close!

2 Likes

I’m torn. He’s only four and if he ends up a nice big bodied 15 hands or so that’s perfect for me! Plus he has a lovely big stride so the horse lines will be easy. Either way I’m happy!

16 Likes

He’s gorgeous either way!

2 Likes

Oh gosh, he is super cute over that little oxer.

Dare I say it? Henry looks like he not only enjoys jumping, but like he actually knows what he’s doing!

6 Likes

There are some nice ponies to find - here’s another Henry story.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yaTK1JZ6Ggc?feature=share

3 Likes

I’m hoping for another Henry update. I read this early on, then lost track at some point, now he’s up there with the Bo, Matilda and Honey updates (and a couple of others, sorry if I’ve forgotten your names).

2 Likes

Vacation is over for Henry and we’re back to work! My plan is to stay out of the ring as much as possible over the winter and encourage him to really open his step, then start some little shows in the spring.
:heart::heart::heart:

43 Likes

Henry :heart_eyes: He always looks so pleasant, like he’s taking a stroll through the park.

12 Likes

Henry makes me wish I could ride again!

7 Likes

Seriously jealous of those gorgeous rolling green hills. Happy hony, happy kid having a nice trot in a beautiful setting. Made me smile.

12 Likes

I love the way he uses is back end and how he holds his tail. He is so proud.

I still think you should get a little cart for him. he would be fun to CDE with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I must say I also like your young rider.

7 Likes

Henry gives me hope for horses, and in those who love them.

10 Likes

He always looks like he’s having the time of his life.

7 Likes