Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

This young rider is a bright light! I’m very happy she’s part of my life and honored to guide her journey in the horse world.

29 Likes

I just love love love this little guy!

4 Likes

Henry is starting to look like a real horse! This pony is so smart and getting buttons installed on the daily. He understood the turn on the forehand instantly and processes his lessons from one ride to the next. Might get me into trouble one day!

50 Likes

was it you who was going to enter him in schooling / local show this Fall or is that one of our other make-over sweeties?

Not sure if it was me but I do plan to take him to some local shows this winter to get him some eye opening education :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Every pic I see of Henry trotting, I marvel at how well he tracks up! Even in the earliest photos. It’s so natural to him.

9 Likes

Its sooooo nice to work with one you can start each day right where you left off the previous session. Hate the ones that need a 20 minute review of what they supposedly learned last time EVERY time you get on them. Hard enough to find the time to teach them let alone reteach the same lessons over and over… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I can’t wait to hear about his Introduction to Horse Shows: 101.

I’ll bet he’ll be a star. But I want pictures, nonetheless. :smile:

14 Likes

That is great. Your young rider , if she goes, will probably learn a ton of stuff about First Show 101 as well. Looking forward to news

5 Likes

Oh, yes, illustrations are essential.

2 Likes

Such. A. Good. Pony.

He seriously gets better and better each time, and he only jumps every ten days or so. The rest is flatwork and trail riding. Interestingly this gymnastic is set on the real horse stride and he has no problem at all with it.

I might quit while I’m ahead with this one :rofl: I’ll never find another diamond in the rough like him again.

55 Likes

Henry says, ooh! That was fun!

6 Likes

He is SUCH a good boy!

3 Likes

He is like Teddy O’Connor.

Pony body, horse aspirations. All heart!

16 Likes

I love following his progress. He’s adorable, and you’ve done such a wonderful job with him.

7 Likes

I am so in love with this pony, he’s just the best!

2 Likes

:open_mouth:*"He may be thinking ‘That was hard’ "*
As IF!
Henry doesn’t appear to be aware anything might be hard! :star_struck:
I bet he takes Horse Show 101 right in his Oh-So-Lovely stride :sunglasses:

Pic Tax expected to be paid.
Likely with rosette (s?) :1st_place_medal::medal_sports::1st_place_medal:

5 Likes

OMG, the knee bones!

And the calm, cool “Hang on there, kid, I got this.”

5 Likes

Just a wee touch of extra oomph and air on that last one.

I am so excited for you

1 Like

Please don’t quit.

You might never have as easy a success as Henry, but you clearly have an eye for untapped potential, and you have some darned good pony jockeys!

The horse world needs more down to earth, sensible people to develop horses in a calm, progressive manner. I vote for you.

42 Likes