Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

His gaits are quiet and rhythmic, but he also has great forward energy. I love the videos for that reason. You can see him going “Oh, another jump? Okay! Oh, we’re turning? Okay!”

13 Likes

Thank you that’s very kind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And it pays off! He looks so confident <3

6 Likes

I think what you are doing for this young lady is important.

When I was a child I had a kind neighbor like you. She and her husband were my neighbors, beginning when I was 10 yrs old. To this day I remember her mentorship and kindness so fondly. I’ll never forget her generosity in letting me ride her horses. We would go out hacking together and sometimes take a picnic lunch.
She let me show her horses in the local riding club shows.

Well done you, for giving this kiddo such a wonderful experience.

21 Likes

…and Henry is a star!

8 Likes

Same! I remember the riding instructor I had from when I was 10 - 13. Almost 30 years later, I still take care of my current horses in the manner she taught me. We’re friends on FB and I love hearing from her to this day. The time spent with her and getting to ride her horses really molded me to where I can ride my horses at the level I’m at today. I truly believe those years were priceless.

@2bayboys I’ve lurked since you started this journey with Henry. I love checking in and seeing his progress and glow up! :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Alas, my wonderful people have passed away. I wish they were here.

3 Likes

Now I am taken with his ears… “looking” ahead with them in the “what’s next?”manner, interested, not worried.

6 Likes

Yes, I love his ears.

Who wants to be a legit horse??!!!

Henry!!! :heart::heart::heart:

59 Likes

He’s adorable but I LOVE your treeline in the background. So many trees!!

2 Likes

Oh wow. He is amazing!

4 Likes

Henry is officially a horse! He measured right at 14.2 over the summer but I noticed this fall he was getting quite butt high. He recently evened out a bit and he measured this morning at just over 15 hands. And he’s become quite a solid little guy, taking up much more of my leg. He doesn’t turn five until next May so I’m guessing he’ll end up a nice cob type somewhere around 15.2. Perfect for foxhunting! :smiley:

60 Likes

He is growing up to the big head he came with long ago.
He must have been malnourished for long time.
Sure has blossomed, what a wonderful job you are doing with him. :hugs:

18 Likes

Look at the bone on him! He is just fantastic. :heart:

8 Likes

You’re killing me here!

3 Likes

I was just going to say the same thing. :rofl:

He looks more balanced as a whole. He looks so good.

If I were in the market, I would be after him.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed that we get to see pics of adorable Henry wearing some holiday finery.

12 Likes

And this is why we can’t have nice things :rofl:
I use a muck tub to carry hay out to the fields. This morning I turned around for five seconds to check something, turned back around and found out I had “help” with my chores.

46 Likes

Henry: “I hate it when you have to get through all that packaging to get to the food!”

But he’s very cute as he tries to destroy your muck bucket!

13 Likes