Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Henry is coming to live with me in my house. I have the spare room already for him. :heart:

11 Likes

Henry got a much needed body clip today and I’m pretty sure I’ve got enough left over to make another Henry if anybody’s interested :rofl:

Also, he says “Mom! Angles! These pics make my ears and my butt look huge!” :smirk: (who’s gonna tell him??)

39 Likes

You definitely have at least a mini in those clippings, maybe a small pony. I’m sure you’d find takers if you could just do the assembly.

Rebecca

10 Likes

My first thought is felting. Could make a little saddle cloth

4 Likes

I can’t break his sweet heart. His ears are one of his most endearing features! :heart:

4 Likes

I’ll learn to knit if you send me the Mini Henry Kit :laughing:
Now go kiss that adorable nose :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Henry says he’s not sure why y’all are getting so excited.

ETA: can we just take a moment to appreciate the beautiful soft following hands on this 12-yr-old kiddo??

57 Likes

Well, Henry’s expression says HE’S NOT! :star_struck:
Lookout Whatever Region @2bayboys shows in!
Henry is on his way! :partying_face:

10 Likes

I love that he changed leads over the fence. What a good boy.

6 Likes

I know what I wish I’d gotten for Valentine’s Day…

13 Likes

When I grow up, I want to be able to ride like that girl!

I would also like an adorable pony like Henry :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now I know why I goofed up the one stride cavaletti in my lesson last week. On my 17h seeing eye dog of a horse. I needed Henry and his kid to show me how!

5 Likes

The pony we all need!!! He’s just perfection.

7 Likes

Henry hit the pony jackpot. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Does the 12-year-old know that she has a fan club here?

10 Likes

She’s a lovely rider. :innocent:

I admire you very much for how you’ve trained this pony and especially for the priceless experience you are giving this child. So many kiddos don’t seem to get to hack out in all seasons or to be allowed to ride a young horse.

Some of us older folks were lucky to enjoy the feeling of freedom and the beauty of nature that comes with hacking out, and having a kind, knowledgeable, mentor like you was the icing on the cake.

Well done you.

21 Likes

You’re very kind thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

So true. I remember when I was a young alleged rider and I didn’t have my own horse, and yet strong, kind, wise women in my barn took an interest in me and other girls and taught us so much about LIFE. Their insight went so far beyond horses. I made it through some exceptionally awful teenage years in one piece because of those good people. I treasure 40-year-old memories of praise and side-by-side chores and even correction from them.

13 Likes

I took Henry on a solo ride up and down the little mountain behind my farm and we were blessed with this view on the way home. :heart:

58 Likes

You know, as a side hustle you might be able to create some kind of AirBnB for COTH members that includes a daily hack through the woods on Henry. :grin:

30 Likes