Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

Wait, wait, wait, Henry is within state of me!? I will need to know his show schedule!

1 Like

I only live about 2 miles over the VA state line, so I’m Henry adjacent, too!

2 Likes

I am really far. I am closer to NY in North Central Pa than I am Va. :sob: I am a four + hour drive just to Middleburg. I will be cheering Henry on in spirit!

4 Likes

I like doing little photo tutorials for my students and this is a good one to show riding forward and soft in approach and going away from a jump. Henry makes a great model because of his happy attitude and this kiddo’s following hands are so naturally good.

48 Likes

Aren’t you in the least bit tempted to raise that rail? Have you put him thru a gymnastic, unmounted and raised the last rail? Just to see the grin on HIS face?

Your young rider IS picture perfect.

11 Likes

He has the most adorable jump! Your rider is no slouch either, wish I could ride as well as she does.

8 Likes

Lovely, lovely, no tug on that boy’s mouth at all. She wouldn’t quite land upright if the horse disappeared from under her, but very very close. She should be proud of herself!

11 Likes

There has to be a calendar somewhere needing this

It’s certainly wall worthy

32 Likes

:sob: Same.
I’m even farther :weary:
But I’d still buy the T-shirt and/or calendar to help finance Henry & his Jock’s show career :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Okay that was one of the best videos yet ( and that’s saying something considering how good the other videos have been). It is wonderful to see how much confidence they give each other . This is one of my posts to check because it makes me smile every time I see those two

7 Likes

Henry’s one-year anniversary was last week and we did a little test of his scope today.

He passed. :heart:

80 Likes

This is so cool! Have been waiting for an update !

2 Likes

Wow hard to believe it’s already been a year! You have made such a difference in his life.

11 Likes

He looks lovely! Those knees!!

3 Likes

Whats not to love??! They both look fantastic. You have done an amazing job <3

6 Likes

He looks like he’s sprouted wings (in more ways than one!) :heart:

3 Likes

There are times (like now) when Life gets me down and I feel a little bit weepy and sad. But then I come on COTH and look at photos like this. And I see the quiet confidence of your hony rider, and the athletic prowess of cute Henry who has transformed into a bright star under your care and training. And that makes me smile. Thank you for that.

31 Likes

LOVE this. I just had a fall off basically an elephant, and I’m only going hony from now on. This is totally awesome and I love it!

10 Likes

EXCELLENT rider! Blue ribbon form all day.

4 Likes

He is having so much fun!!!

4 Likes