Henry the Handyman from rags to riches

He’s a solid 15.1 at least, but I haven’t put a stick on him recently. He was just a hair under 14.2 when he arrived a year ago.

19 Likes

Thank you! I guess he probably looked small to me when he arrived because of his condition.

1 Like

Looking good, both of them!

1 Like

He gives your eyes a good workout! Keeps your heart pumping!

2 Likes

Total brag post and not Henry-related but I’m just so proud of how the kiddo is developing as a rider and instinctively learning the following hand and that elusive “feel” in the saddle. Kiddo is not my child so I can brag on her without restraint.

67 Likes

beautiful classic form you dont often see, anymore

11 Likes

Henry is so happy to be with his kiddo! I love his free swinging hindend and swooshy tail.

OK, I’ll say it. Henry is fat. Congrats, you done good.

3 Likes

Talk about your proper form and function over fences!! What a little star she is. And Henry…swoon! As an older adult, I’d give a lot to find one like him.

3 Likes

On my farm we call it always being prepared for winter to strike at any time.

26 Likes

I had a friend with a draft cross mare that said she wasn’t fat she was “fluffy”:joy:

3 Likes

My fat mare likes to remind me that round is a shape, therefore she is in shape.

When we get to the stage of pregnant looking geldings then everyone goes on a diet.

8 Likes

Kiddo looks great!

She can certainly ride horses that aren’t Henry as well, as you can see in the latest photo.

4 Likes

THAT’s not Henry. Kiddo is on a different horse posted to see kiddo’s great form.

2 Likes

See my post above yours. :wink:

2 Likes

I thought being blunt would spare someone.

I have a confession (humble brag?) to make.

I have met @2bayboys and that good riding kid (GRK) at a local hunter pace. (Sadly, Henry was not with them. :frowning: )

I felt like I was meeting celebrities! I was very gushy/fan girly.

GRK was riding the hair off a very cute large pony/hony. When I explained to GRK that Henry had an online fan club, she replied that she was Henry’s biggest fan, so she needed to be in the club.

We haven’t yet had Henry the Handyman tshirts or jackets made yet (oversight on my part), but when we do, GRK is definitely getting one.

40 Likes

32 Likes

That has the movie of the week written all over it. Two hard luck kids from the wrong side of the tracks making their way in this crazy world! It could be a modern day Black Beauty !

10 Likes

lol he’s actually not. I have two fat horses here and he’s not one of them. He’s thick and solid but no rolls or dimples or hard crest, although he certainly doesn’t need to gain any more! Outside of the yearling Nosey, everything on my farm is an easy keeper and ready to withstand the famine but in person I think Henry’s solid body matches his big solid feet and legs.

13 Likes