Unlimited access >

Honey the ASB update and progress thread!

For anyone not following my random postings over the last few months…

I sold my 8yo OTTB (chestnut) mare in November after struggling with some health issues with her and after realizing that we were too green for one another. She’s happily living in upstate NY now. It broke my heart because I absolutely loved her. But I felt it was the right choice for both of us.

I’ve been looking for my new horse since November. I found an 11yo OTTB gelding in March that I loved, but due to guidance from this group (I appreciate you all! ) I passed on him because of bone chips and being out of work. I did pass him along to someone I know, and they are absolutely in love with him. So happy ending there.

I fell in love with another horse in May, an OTTB Mare, who had a bad vetting and I had to walk away.

On father’s day, and probably somewhere around 7 months and 30 horses later, I met my new girl. She’s coming home tonight! Never did I ever think I’d be buying an ASB ( not out of any reason other than that I don’t know much about them), but after reading old posts here and just loving her, I am so excited to start our journey together. She needs some muscles and groceries, but otherwise is great!

Everyone-- meet Honey! My NEW 14yo ASB!

82 Likes

congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Oh I love her. May you have many great years and adventures ahead!

4 Likes

My first horse as a kid was an ASB. He was every kid’s dream horse. She is lovely- have fun!

2 Likes

She’s beautiful! Congratulations!

1 Like

She’s dreamy!!! :heart_eyes:. Lots of updates please once she’s home!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to many updates here (with pictures!). :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Congrats! What a lovely mare. ASB’s make great jumpers and have such good brains!

4 Likes

She’s lovely and you are going to have the best of time with her.

I love mine. He takes care of me and is just the biggest love.

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone! I’m having the hardest time focusing at work today. I’m just so excited!

And again, I really appreciate not only your shared excitement for me, but also all of your insight and opinions over the time I’ve been a member here. It’s so valuable!

:yellow_heart: you all!

18 Likes

Congratulations, she is very pretty :star_struck:

2 Likes

She is so pretty and such a sweet face and nice eye.

Have fun with her!

3 Likes

She’s lovely!
And ASBs are very nice horses.
I’ve known a number of PB and ASB crosses.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Bonus for a buckskin. Hope you have many happy years of riding together.

3 Likes

I’m so happy for you! Congratulations on finally finding The One. “Honey” is the perfect name for her, with her beautiful amber coloring.

2 Likes

She’s gorgeous! More pictures plz! A buckskin ASB mare would be high on my wish list for a horse!

2 Likes

Congrats…its tough but when you do find one that is right, you realize it was worth waiting for.

Expect more pictures. Soon.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Honey is very beautiful and has a lovely expression!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Wishing you and Honey many years of fun and happiness together.

1 Like

Congratulations! She’s beautiful.

1 Like