Unlimited access >

Horse Abuse in Ontario at the hands of Solstice Pecile

From Facebook and there is video https://www.facebook.com/jamiielorentz/posts/2330449310454123

!!Please see my recent, new post for updates as of Thursday Nov 24!!!

Ontario Equestrian Connection has renewed post and allowed it to remain in the group.

Solstice Pecile of her family’s facility Wishing Stone Farm in MILLBROOK, ONTARIO shared the following videos of her “training” a client horse by dragging it behind a moving truck. This is NOT her first offense being caught by a client dragging an animal from a motorized vehicle.

The videos show her laughing at the amount of blood, calling the horse a re**ard for bleeding so much, etc. She sent these videos to friends and also posted it on her public page thinking people would find it funny.

Please watch with caution. It is one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Solstice is currently ambassador / sponsored with the following…:

UPDATE

I have been told OPP will be making a statement today. Cannot confirm 100%.

1 Like

That is beyond shocking. I cannot unsee that.

2 Likes

TG only the vid with her voiceover & bandaged horse played for me.
What kind of human garbage would post this publicly?
There should certainly be legal proceedings against her.
I can only hope she will never be allowed to own any animal after her trial.

ETA:
Saw vid#2.
Horrific. :sleepy:

4 Likes

It’s awful! I can not believe posting it…really shows how normalized it is for them. Other people have come forward now too. That poor horse.

1 Like

I tried (w/o success) to post a link to that horror on the Equestrian Canada FB page.
Other organization’ pages don’t seem active, no recent posts.
Please update if you can with progress of any prosecution.
I hope all sponsorships/ambassadorships are withdrawn.

2 Likes

OCTRA who is the Competitive Trail Riding Association in Ontario has posted they are investigating and have suspended her.

Someone has contact Ontario Equestrian, Equestrian Canada and will be contacting the FEI as she may have done FEI endurance.

CBC has also been notified. Will update as I see more news.

6 Likes

This is beyond horrific and has been the talk at our feed store today. I can’t believe there is scum like this out there and that they have a horse and dog boarding place with paying clients!!!

I hope they charge her up the wazoo r but she will probably just be hit with some piddly fine as which most people get in Ontario.

I have heard a lot of her sponsorships have dropped and that horse has been taken from her. Not sure about all of the rest and her dog boarding business as well.

3 Likes

Dogs too eh. I bet they suffer from the same wrath. This person can not control their emotions and needs to never be around animals again.

3 Likes

Totally agree!!

The other thing I can’t believe is there is someone else videoing her. So they think that this treatment is “normal” or ok as well?? How many others at her farm as well turn their head or think its ok?

8 Likes

I’ve read some stories on the FB posts…I think the mother might be compliant.

Hitting the local news now.

1 Like

Here’s their website: http://wishingstonefarmservices.com/about-us/

That literally made me nauseous.

According to Facebook she’s been charged

4 Likes
9 Likes

Wtf is she even trying to teach the poor horse by dragging it behind a vehicle. Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Wow FEI already has spoken.

Good, spread her name far and wide.

6 Likes

And thank you, thank you, thank you @Jealoushe for bringing this to light.

6 Likes

Probably trying to tow it for exercise, a lot of Standardbred people do it when they have a large stable and the weather is bad, but it doesn’t consist of dragging them across pavement. Poor horse is an understatement.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I’m stunned and disgusted.

Edit: because I probably said something that wasn’t very Good Elf-like.

2 Likes

100% agree. Not that this is acceptable behavior publicly or behind closed doors, but why oh why would you post this publicly and think you would be able to keep your business, sponsors, your horses…and not get charged with animal cruelty in 2022? I could hardly stomach watching the videos and just wept. That gal has no business training horses let alone being allowed to be around animals at all. What an utterly cruel, cruel human being!

12 Likes