Unlimited access >

Horse Abuse in Ontario at the hands of Solstice Pecile

From what I’ve read, she was trying to teach the horse to give to pressure. She’s a disgusting piece of you know what. And then to laugh at the poor horse injured and bleeding due to her actions. There are others coming forward now telling their stories of their not-so-good experiences with her.

This person is in my general geographical area. My sister was FB friends with her because of mutual IRL friends kind of thing. She send me this text last night:

I forgot that I was friends with her on Facebook. She would post about her endurance rides. She was in Florida riding last winter and posted a picture of her face all bruised and beat up. She had to come home for surgery. Her own horse attacked her! !! The horse was tied to the trailer after a ride and Solstice had turned away to grab a brush and when she turned back her horse attacked her with its front hooves. Got her in the face. That never sat well with me. I always thought something would have to cause that behaviour. Now the pieces are fitting together. If she trains her own horses the same way they would be mentally f!#$%d.

13 Likes

I have never seen something that made me so uncomfortable about another person. The horrific animal abuse aside - The way she casually was laughing at his fresh blood… it’s not just disgusting, it’s not normal. I wouldn’t want to know what she does when others aren’t around. I hope she gets jail time before she does any more damage to living creatures.

15 Likes

Agreed. Laughing about how the blood was squirting, and acting like it was the horse’s fault that it was so injured.

That is not an okay person. There are some deep issues there.

15 Likes

Oh my gosh! That is completely a horse that has been abused. How awful and sad. I just can’t stop thinking about that poor horses feet and how much pain it must be in.

The FB whistleblower posted she was looking for meat dealer numbers in Quebec so now I’m worried where the horse is.

I was thinking that too, you have to be seriously devoid of empathy to ridicule the horse in that way. And it seemed very non chalant like a daily thing.

If my horse has the teeniest boo boo the entire vet kit comes out and I become Dr.Jealoushe for the next little while making sure all is good. Can’t even imagine someone acting this way.

3 Likes

Interesting discussion

2 Likes

Pathetic that her Pony Club has gone silent.

3 Likes

They did end up posting the same message as the Canadian Pony Club page.

3 Likes

Quinn is now safe

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02buNcsxQ497iwQwgBFoBeoRwwinT7i1fzsjJNSosd1pdR1T6dwpkj1iQne7PqdVxEl&id=100004672300820&sfnsn=mo&mibextid=nynbRp

15 Likes

Yeah, in unimaginable pain. Honestly this lady needs to be dragged behind a truck.

8 Likes

Fantastic news.
I wonder how she is, what harm these horrible people caused her.

1 Like

Ugh, my stomach is turning thinking about that poor horse and the condition of his feet. I’ve only seen a horse road foundered once, from ignorant owners who trotted him 10 miles on hot pavement with no hoof protection; knowing how awful that was, I can’t even imagine this horse’s feet and the pain he will be living with for quite awhile.

I did read the article in Horse Sport linked above, and it made me curious about which rides she’s done, as she’s in my AERC region. Although the article said she hasn’t competed recently, her AERC record shows she’s been fairly active, even has a few best conditioned awards. Seems bizarrely incongruent with what’s shown in the videos.

3 Likes

On the OCTRA Facebook page linked in the OP there was a post from a day before the news broke congratulating several riders on their AERC standings — and comments added congratulations for other people, including two comments congratulating Solstice. So she must have been active this year.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard what charges this person faces?
Apparently her father was driving the truck dragging the horse, will he be charged? If not, why not?

4 Likes

I certainly hope so. BTW my understanding is it was her stepfather.

1 Like

Interview with Jamie Magdalene (Lorentz) https://youtu.be/rsaCN0QRX_k

1 Like

It’s unfortunate she is driving making that video which is highly illegal and frowned upon in Ontario.

I see in the video details they note the horse originally came from a big sales barn ( NOT a rescue) , that barn is also under investigation by the SPCA for multiple accounts of neglect. Poor horse went from one horrible place to another. Hope it has finally found a good home.

1 Like

Is it?! I know of that barn, but hadn’t heard this.

of course not, anyone who speaks up about it gets death threats or their employer harassed. The SPCA practically moved in there this summer. What appears online is not what it seems.

Interesting. Is there a way to find out what the SPCA has done? Probably not, I imagine it’s all confidential due to privacy regulations.

I’m not sure, you could do a FOIA request but I’m not sure to where you would request that.