Unlimited access >

Horse Abuse in Ontario at the hands of Solstice Pecile

From what I have found on-line, the police are on it but need real evidence to secure the identity of the “person” (I use that term lightly)

Which person?

Solistice Pecile, the woman speaking in the videos. Sorry if I made that unclear.

2 Likes

She has been charged with causing distress to an animal, under the Animal Welfare Services Act, with a January 11, 2023, court appearance.

11 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you know what region/city in Ontario she is charged under?

Northumberland, she’ll be appearing at Cobourg Provincial Offences Court

2 Likes

thank you!

She has been criminally charged
https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fglobalnews.ca%2Fnews%2F9309688%2Fpeterborough-county-woman-charged-videos-horse-dragged-by-vehicle-bleeding%2F&h=AT0djiueqhNNkFSYDoWF63-W4NFYlQS28p1N2Nl1dXDAldZ9-O4ioJ4pCTxQvYVfqNikY2YrTxv6wAW8O3EjpvvhTCvWQMAe8HNAqxZb533bKfdNg0fxoPSA8KEg7pVD

8 Likes

Really unrelated to anything else, but I believe she is a passenger. Remember that the selfie camera on phones often flips the image. It would be really difficult for her to be driving with her arms down at her sides as they are.

1 Like

Newspaper reported she would be in Court at 1pm.

1 Like

oh I hope that’s the case.

If she wasn’t driving, the other person present should be charged also.

How serious are charges like this taken, and are possible punishments actually likely to be imposed?

3 Likes

I was referring to Jealoushe’s comment about the other podcast video posted by HoldYourHorses, not the video of the horse being dragged. Yes, anyone involved in the abuse video should be charged.

3 Likes

Our local, regional and national broadcasts have considerable coverage of this event. Anyone who performs a Google search of her name will find multiple pages of articles and videos. What a terrifying reminder to always investigate before trusting your horse to the care of others.

10 Likes

Thanks, that was obviously confusing.

and funny enough there are people out there who still support her! I saw comments on FB last night that one woman was just posting about how she couldn’t believe she would do that, and that she thought Soltice was the best thing since sliced bread. People quickly pointed her to the video but makes you wonder how people who actually know her could not have heard about it??

That’s why the name has to keep being put into the media. These people should never have horses or dogs again.

3 Likes

So is this sordid, abusive mindset a family affair?

What a lovely clan. And makes me wonder how they treat the other animals in their care.

2 Likes

yeah, and they board dogs apparently too. If the entire family can accept what was in that video as normal, along with the other accounts I read on FB, they all need to be banned from having animals.

5 Likes

In the video discussion posted upthread, the stepfather, like she, was very active in their Pony Club. He even ran for PC president.

1 Like

I wonder where it all went wrong? It’s hard to understand how you go from Pony Clubber and successful FEI young rider to abuser?

1 Like