Unlimited access >

Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit..

I FINALLY got the movie for my birthday from hubby. (actually go a gift card)

With the WIHS coming up I have seen the title for that movie SEVERAL times, and glad that I bought it. I need to fix my dvd, or go down to my mom’s to watch it.

It’s a fabulous movie, you’ll love it if you’ve never seen it before!! :smiley:

Agree! This is the most entertaining horse movie ever.

Enjoy!

I actaully had seen it when I was much younger. I could NEVER find it on video tape anywhere. Well last year someone on here told me about it, and I bugged my mom since I am always on the lookuot for in-expenisve gifts she can get me. She had forgotten about getting it for me for Xmas.

SO…I got it for myself.

It’s such a good movie! The automatic releases you see are awesome!

I love the show clothes! The navy blazer with canary breeches is gorgeous.

Oh Lord I watched that movie about a billion times when I was younger! have fun watching it - it’s a great movie to settle in to with some popcorn and a wine cooler! :smiley:

I haven’t seen it since I was kid…can you easily get it on DVD?

I love that movie! The canary breeches, the auto release, the little roadster pulling the horse trailer!

…and man! What a horse trailer!

[QUOTE=paulosey;3558195]
I haven’t seen it since I was kid…can you easily get it on DVD?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. I got it off of Amazon.com. $13.00. I love it!

Netflix has it too, for those of you who are into that.

The roadster doesn’t pull the trailer…

[QUOTE=MissintheSouth;3558214]
I love that movie! The canary breeches, the auto release, the little roadster pulling the horse trailer![/QUOTE]

The roadster is driven by Kurt Russell and the trailer is pulled by a station wagon I believe…

Yes, but …

[QUOTE=grandprixjump;3558414]
The roadster is driven by Kurt Russell and the trailer is pulled by a station wagon I believe…[/QUOTE]

Kurt’s little roadster also pulls a trailer – as he explains, the only way he could get the car is if he hauled his sister to shows.

Geez, are we dangerously deep in our obsession with this movie?

When I was a kid I was rummaging around a book store’s sale bin, always looking for a horse book of course! I came across a small book called “Year of the Horse” by Eric Hatch. Loved that little book and was so happy when it came out as a movie-“Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit”!

One of my favorites, too. I just got to thinking about the actors when you were all talking about Kurt Russell. I was wondering what ever happened to the girl who played the daughter. Things did not turn out well for her at all.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0417899/bio

Loved the movie. But watch how the grey horse “changes colors” throughout the movie!

I love the costs of the horses–$2,000 for a top jumper! And I bought my DVD at Walmart on the regular shelf on sale.
How awful about the girl that played the daughter.

[QUOTE=Frank B;3558219]
…and man! What a horse trailer![/QUOTE]

you need to meet my husband! when we were shopping for a horse trailer, that trailer was all my non-horsey husband could talk about!

What’s not to love about the movie? It’s fantastic. :lol:

I will say I finally read the book recently, and didn’t care for it too much. The dad seemed like a much bigger jerk in the book to me.