Unlimited access >

Hose - clockwise or counterclockwise?

Just a silly random survey for my own curiosity: when you coil your traditional style hose up on the ground between uses do you wind it clockwise or counterclockwise?

Huh. Not something I noticed before. But it looks like all of mine are Counterclockwise

1 Like

I honestly read this as “Horse clockwise or counterclockwise.”

I don’t have much to say about hoses. I think our are mostly counter clockwise.

2 Likes

I do a figure 8. Seems to unwind easier and with less twisting/kinking.

1 Like

All of mine are clockwise.

Also thought it said “horse” :smile:
As for HOSE, I wind clockwise, but invariably some of the loops want to go all figure 8-ish on me. I usually respect their need for individuality and just keep going.

6 Likes

I do about half the loops one way, and half the other.
If I loop them all the same way, I get kinks when I stretch it out.

The one hose that likes to coil is counter.

The one that doesn’t is a mess of random loops all over :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My natural inclination is to go clockwise for some reason, unless the location requires the opposite to avoid being in the way or something.

1 Like

North or South of the Equator? And do you wind one more turn in the Spring to adjust for Daylight Savings time (ignore if you are in Arizona, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, The Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands) .

2 Likes

LOL! That’s a lot to take in to consideration!
I had never thought about it before, but apparently I have always coiled clockwise. The guy I currently share the barn with coils counterclockwise. So every evening when I do chores I am fighting my natural instinct with the hose since he used it last in the morning. And it’s my hose - so for years it has been “trained” to go clockwise.
So like I said, it’s just a silly thing, but got me to thinking.

Counter clockwise.

Those of you with tangled hoses don’t know how to coil hoses. :stuck_out_tongue: You have to twist it, same with an air hose.

1 Like

Also want to add… I thought for sure I’d open this and everyone would say clockwise. I’m left handed and normally everything I do is backwards… not this time! Huzzah!

You are WELCOME to come play with my stubborn hose. It does. not. coil. in the winter. Gets entirely too stiff.

But please! Come show me how it’s done! I’ll hold your beer! :rofl::grin:

1 Like

Well, we can drink together while I mutter expletives and eventually concede to the hose’s will. :rofl:

1 Like

Anti clockwise.

Clockwise, on the ground or on the holder. :slight_smile:

Clockwise

Seems like most of them are clockwise but only until I can get them on a reel. I can not live that kink life.

using a digital clock is it up or down rather left or right? there are people who have no idea what a clock is which went the way of the rotor dial phone