Unlimited access >

How about a matchy matchy fashion show thread?

Older (67 years) fogey here. I LOVE 'em!

12 Likes

One gals tacky and juvenile is another gals fun hahaha

28 Likes

Sage is absolutely stunning. One of the best Lemiuex colours

3 Likes

i bought one of their sage saddle pads. *may have too many of their saddle pads! I have zero use for all the other stuff that matches their saddlepads though.(earbonnets lol…i hate those things) boots shins… polos. Just saddle pads. Bought one of their shirts but i don’t like it.

1 Like

I just got a “wild grass green” set that is en route via the postal service and which I plan to debut on one of the clinic days at the end of the month. I have it all planned out down to the breeches, shirt, sweater and belt. They were not purchased as a set so I am hoping everything coordinates as well as I am imagining it.

My horse is snow white so I would also like to branch out into reds and mahoganys. For example a bright red plaid saddle pad with red polos, charcoal breeches, and a red sweater would look great on him during the holiday season, imo. I’ve also been making googly eyes at that fig color LeMieux has…

My friends who have known me for decades are probably reading this and considering if they need to send out a wellness check but they are more than welcome to come check in, as long as they bring their phones for pictures :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13 Likes

I also have zero use for an ear bonnet, but I am a huge fan of a perfectly wrapped polo (and a bit proud of my hard-won ability to land the velcro in exactly the right spot on each leg, as 1000’s of hours of being a working student for some crazy-@$$ people has to count for something…), so I see the matching polos and my credit card just audibly sighs at this point.

8 Likes

Sorry for the tangent, but in your opinion does a perfectly done polo have a vee on the bottom? That’s how I was taught but it seems I mostly see straight bottoms.

Tangent #2, I love the new combination style polo wraps, half fleece half elastic. Horze has a less expensive one that comes in multiple colors.
https://www.equinavia.com/horze-nest-combi-bandages-18030-edb/p

I am an Eskadron addict :cry:

23 Likes

I’m living for this. I can’t wait to see the final look. I really want to explore with my grey…I need to figure out my dressage colours for her and I’m thinking either grey or hunter green.

Also currently trying to not buy Fig…want it so bad but have so many haha

1 Like

I like the V (I always pull up a bit on the fetlock when applying), but I also use eskadron or centaur bandage liners so my polos have a bulkier look.

When schooling I just use a set of generic black hard shells because I primarily want impact protection from my horse’s leg wear, and honestly can’t maintain the level of laundry that polos + liners for 4-5 rides per week would entail. I’m also more than happy to save ten minutes in tacking up on schooling days, so schooling days are black pad, black hard shells, and I just coordinate my own outfit to myself, not also the horse.

2 Likes

Please don’t judge my polos I’m a Pony Club B level rider but also an adult ammie who lives in the friggid north and sometimes my polos aren’t perfect when it’s 8:30pm at night and -15c and I’ve worked all day and cant even bend over hahahaha

4 Likes

I’m addicted to their bell boots!

I learned from a racetrack groom to make a V.

5 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a classic navy! I had more blues and green-based sets, but never managed to get a good photo

17 Likes

I meant in the real world not your pictures, was just wondering if the vee is outdated. :slight_smile:

I don’t do matchy matchy, but most of my stuff is black or navy. And my horse is dark bay, so I know the struggle of black polos on black legs in a dark stall. :rofl: also braiding a black mane with no contract underneath in a dark stall.

2 Likes

I really like fig too. I don’t do matching bonnets but I wouldn’t turn down a fig saddle pad and shirt ensemble.

Maybe there should be like a COTH Netflix for matchy matchies (I mean old-school Netflix with the DVDs). Everyone can pay a subscription fee and the color sets will be redistributed every month. :innocent:

5 Likes

That would be so fun!

I want to make a colour guide online for picking colours…my friends always text me - “do you have this colour on your dark bay I need to see” haha

Yes, of course I do :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

This came across my FB feed just last night!

Not sure I could justify the price for a week (one set I priced was about $305 to buy or $70 to rent for a week) but if I had a show or I wasn’t sure about a color, perhaps? They don’t let you keep (ie buy) the set if you love it - I think that’s a downside.

3 Likes

I must be an old fogey because I am too cheap to buy the matchy stuff. My horse doesn’t wear boots or a bonnet, I have a total of 4 saddle pads, 6- 8 yrs old, none of my breeches and tops match except by accident. The boy is secure in his unmatched stallion-hood and only cares that I have his treats. And after Sunday champagne, no one cares that we dont match,

27 Likes

All of these look great! @Jealoushe I think your horses have more outfits than I do. :rofl: Love that lavender on the grey. @outerbanks77 I love your horse’s face! That blue looks amazing. @Libby2563 That green looks awesome.

1 Like