Unlimited access >

How about a matchy matchy fashion show thread?

Y’all got me good. Just added the sage set of lemiuex to my Christmas list. Keep in mind, I will have a newborn and only have a retired pony and mini at the time! It will look good in my tack room and clearly my helmet needs the cover for hanging in my closet! (But really I just need to go horse shopping in the spring…and it will only be complete with that color set….)

3 Likes

Hobby Horse is a western company but they have a very helpful color wheel!

8 Likes

Yes, great wheel. But what happens when you and your horse are different color families? In the old Color Seasons typing, I am a cool clear Winter brunette that looks good in jewel tones and reds, purple, hot pink. My horse is an Autumn redhead that looks great in olives golds etc. We compromise on forest green and navy blue and dark grey, which makes me look like a lady cop.

To be truly matchy matchy, your horse should match your hair color and you will look fantastic in the same colors.

7 Likes

Thankfully my horse and I are both snow white so on this point I think we’re good.

(User pic horse is a former horse. Current snow white horse needs to stop getting hysterical over simple requests in the contact before he gets to be in a user pic. :joy:)

9 Likes

I arranged to pick up my new (last December) horse at a large show. I led him out to my trailer and this lady remarked to me, “Hey, your hair matches your horse!”

He’s a very roany bay with a mousey gray and silver tail. And yes indeed, we both look good in jewel tones! So you must be on to something.

6 Likes

Guilty. Both black and white though mine is a bit more mixed!

And more guilty as charged

24 Likes

I love this so much netg!

1 Like

Me too!

@netg is such a ringer:

“I’m the worst at matching.”
Closely followed by slaying the thread in the very first pic.

That chestnut/brown/burnt orange/boots situation is killer!

6 Likes

You all look terrific!

My horse and I might not always be 100% matchy-matchy, but we’re usually somewhat color-coordinated, or, at the very least, I’m wearing colors that “go” with his saddle pad. (Thank you, Stacey and Clinton, from “What Not to Wear”. )

Christmas photo last year (yes, I know that’s a drop noseband, but that bridle was parsed together and we had to make do with what we had :joy:) :

My favorite color is orange and I usually wear an orange polo shirt when we sport this pad:

And, because I’m a little ridiculous, I also enjoy coordinating my pads with my two-toned saddle these days:

35 Likes

Your newborn clearly needs the Lemieux pony and matchy set for Xmas too hahah

3 Likes

I think the Papaya is my fav out of all those.

omg LOVE the last one!

2 Likes

I like that one a lot too!

I LOVE this last picture. That saddle pad is PERFECT with that saddle! What brand saddle is this? Thanks

279175585_10106018890362562_8915507826112745703_n

Not especially exciting, but I fully matched myself to my patchy pony for a schooling show earlier this year. Black and white head to toe…including my own hair and extremely pale winter skin tone lol.

21 Likes

Me, too!! Lovely. :slight_smile:

I love that houndstooth saddle pad! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

See-u, what brand is it?

3 Likes

Love your Christmas pic! You and your horse both look so cheerful.

2 Likes

I love all of these! Now that I work from home, I need an excuse to get dressed up for lessons and whatever other horse things instead.

I think the houndstooth pad is Kentucky brand? Pretty sure I’ve drooled over a similar one in a different color scheme before.

Here is my tacky and juvenile set (last summer when I was riding baby through total canter chaos):

And looking a little more civilized at her first schooling show last month in pale blue. This pad makes me a little crazy because it matches the shirt under artificial light, but the sheen makes it look totally different in the sun.

24 Likes

@Jealoushe @Maria @meupatdoes Thank you all! I really love that pad, too. I’ve been debating about selling it because of finances lately, but it just looks so darned good with the saddle. lol

To answer your question, @Maria, the saddle is by Custom Saddlery and it is the Gemini R model. I just got it last year, so it’s starting to get that nice “lived-in” look. :slight_smile:

@meupatdoes the pad is made by Kentucky and is one of their velvet pads in the “pied de poule” pattern. They’re beautifully made and so plush feeling!

4 Likes