Unlimited access >

Hufglocken 25% off

ohhhh that sounds gorgeous!!

And yes, but what a great problem to have :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Color combos I’m eyeballing for a red chestnut. I want all of the pads. Realistically, I’ll probably splurge and get 2. Eurofit, no sheepskin.

Velvet:
Black - whisky (or cinnamon) tape, cream piping

Cotton:
Olive - blackberry tape, champagne piping
Walnut - schlamm tape, champagne and pigeon piping
Navy - navy tape, champagne and pigeon piping

Sheen:
Backberry - taupe tape, champagne piping

oooh, I love your combos! I’m going to have to bookmark this :slight_smile:

trying again to reply, this time with the quote. I love these combo ideas! And I’m still figuring out how to navigate the new forum. I think I finally got the quote thing!! LOLOL

These are so beautiful! Can anyone comment on sizing? I’m stuck between the M and L for a 17.5” dressage saddle. Hoping to order as a gift, so not sure I’ll be able to measure as recommended.

I would probably go with a L, unless the horse is on the smaller size. My saddles are 18" and I’ve been buying the XL pads. I accidently bought one in L and it fits my saddles still, but a touch smaller than I’d like.

Here is the large pad with my 18" Kent and Masters, which has a generous seat and is more like an 18.5". I would think a 17.5" saddle would look perfect with this pad.
50705507623_3ae06219a5_w

1 Like

Agree, I would go with a Large.

1 Like

Thanks guys! The horse in question is a bit smaller (only ~15.1hh) which is why I was flip-flopping, but he’s solidly built (half QH). I’m planning on Euro fit, no sheepskin. I think based on the photo (thanks @outerbanks77!) the L is the right choice.

That should work for you. My appendix mare is just a little bigger, and the XL Euro cut pads don’t look too big on her, but I think a square cut XL would be a bit much.

1 Like

How were your packages delivered? I got a notice today that a delivery attempt was made at 3:11, but I was at home all day (and so was my landlord who lives upstairs), so I don’t understand what happened. Do they require signature? Most of the time, delivery drivers just leave the package, unless they didn’t do so today because of the weather.

Often foreign packages require a signature although last winter I bought a saddle from the UK that sat in customs for two weeks, and then just appeared on my porch one day.

Mine is coming right now, it should be here by Friday :slight_smile: They usually come with a carrier, I didn’t have to sign last time. If you log into whatever carriers website, you can usually change your delivery options like signing online and leaving a note where they need to leave the package.

1 Like

I got an email this week apologizing for the delay. The clear suggestion, although not explicitly stated, was that it would not arrive before christmas. Since I only bought for myself, I don’t really care.

1 Like

Thanks, guys! I was able to reach my postmaster this morning and she is holding it for me at that post office. One of the benefits of living in a small town, I suppose, because she found it pretty easily before it got put on the truck. I’m still not sure what happened yesterday but picking it up will probably be the best option so it’s not sitting outside in the elements. Even though I won’t be using them right away because I plan on sending them off to the embroiderer, I’m so excited to see what they look like in person!

2 Likes

3.5 months and in theory it was processed by an air carrier two days ago and no tracking updates since. If this sucker gets lost after waiting this long I may shed a tear. I have two more in the cart ready to go but want to see the medium on the pony before I order more. The size questions are making me nervous. I’ve got a short paneled 16.5" saddle on a 14.2 pony so I think I’m in the clear but it would be just my luck that it looks like a mini skirt.

Just wanted to post a picture of how pretty these pads turned out. I ordered mine in the sheen fabric which, I think, is still cotton. Indoors, they don’t appear to have a lot of sheen, but maybe out in direct sunlight it will be more noticeable. The pads are really well made and I’d go so far as to say that they’re ALMOST as well made as my Seams Right pads. If Seams Right is a 10, then, upon first inspection, I’d give these about and 8 or 8.5. The quality is, overall, lovely. My ONLY complaint so far is that I wish they would have hemmed under the edge of the binding below the billet area. It’s kind of hard to tell, but I posted what it looks like in the second photo. I could imagine that with a lot of wear, that edge could fray down to the seam in that spot. From the size perspective, I ordered size large and when I compared them to my LeMieux pads, they’re pretty much the same size, so hopefully, they fit under my saddle OK. I also hope that they stay up in the gullet properly. Even the LeMieux pads with their d-ring attachments slide down a little more than I’d like.

1 Like

Love those deep colours!

I find they do stay up into the gullet but it depends if you wear a half pad too and what kind of course.

@GraceLikeRain it will be about 2-3 weeks from once its processed. It takes about a week from processing to actually leaving the country I find.

1 Like

confession: I have ordered WAY TOO MANY of these beautiful items. I would love to post a photo, but how the hell do I do that in the new format?

In the little toolbar in the reply window, there is a rectangle with an up arrow. That will allow you to upload attachments. If your photos are online, use the little picture icon and insert the photo URL.

@see_u_at_x Which green is that? Both are lovely!

2 Likes

I love mine! Turnaround time was 3 months, and once it got on the plane I didn’t hear about it until it hit my state. I got a large dressage pad and a large shaped jump pad for my pony.