Unlimited access >

Hufglocken 25% off

That happened to me with my first order, but I opted for them to remake it, which they did and put a rush on it for me.

I have ordered a number of products over the last 9 months. On average it takes 3 months to receive the item. I was once notified that they were having problems sourcing the white velvet I ordered, and they did not mind at all switching to white sheen because I wanted my show pads to match.

I just ordered a set of Mattes saddle pad, girth cover and boots to match my new saddle I ordered for clinics, etc. I am extremely pleased with the quality of the orders, as well as the price.

I know well it is going to take at least 3 months but honestly for the price I will wait. So many compliments on my different saddle pads! I ordered some of the Cheval de Luxe boots too, and they are super nice esp for the price.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a couple Hufglocken branded items, including a half pad, and the quality is top notch.
The owner is a hackie (a show rider) and I believe she started the business after she got frustrated with the quality of products she was buying.

1 Like

I got my shipment notification yesterday night - looks like a bunch of orders are going out. They said 7-10 business days after it ships so it should be here soon.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking to make another order, but I have no idea what colors to get. I got a green, a brown, and a tan one last time. Anyone have any suggestions? My horses are all blood bay and are really red aside from a month or 2 in the winter when theyā€™re fully clipped. Any ideas appreciated! Pics of orders you especially liked would be extra appreciated!

Do you like neutrals or bright colours?

I got a navy sheen pad with navy binding with the steward blue rope, and it looks fabulous on my dark chestnut. I also like my graphite pad with silver rope (I prefer the look of the single rope piping personally).

Iā€™m thinking of getting something in racing green, maybe the petrol, and Iā€™d like to get something in black and brown to coordinate with my medium brown boots and black tack. I think that will look smashing on my lighter chestnut mare.

ETA: now that Iā€™m looking again, the Olive, Khaki and Cornett Blue would all look great on red horses!

Also check out their instagram page, including their stories. They share a lot of the custom orders and you can see all the colour combos!

I really want to order more.

I seem to be drawn to the curry colour with brown binding and gold pipingā€¦

I also want a blackberry with blue trim and antique gold pipingā€¦

My mare is more of a dusty bay (in the summer) and my heart is telling me I need more colours to have fun with lol

I have way too many of these and just ordered my mare (same color as yours as you know) black with nougat fleece and nougat/gold piping. I think it will look really sharp! She looks good in the navy and champagne ones I had from before. I bought white sheen with my barn color binding and piping for shows and that is beautiful, just havenā€™t had a chance to use it yet. I am not huge on bright colors. For a daily pad I would probably not do champagne again as it shows boot marks too easily, but it is really pretty.

I mostly go with neutrals because I know they look good with the bright coats, but I would go for bright colors if someone could suggest combinations for me!

I like the Blackberry and the Nougat color, just no idea what to pair them with in regards to trim and cord.

So I went to look at this on the site and realized I had actually already been eying this combo, but I needed a 2nd Back on Track pad and got the burgundy w/ the light gold accents, soā€¦ I will say that the other 3 pads I ordered all have some form of gold piping, so maybe I need to stray further from my comfort zone.

ETA: I am fully aware that these are 1000000% first world problems. But sometimes one needs some retail therapy.

2 Likes

I just spent the past two hours making different pad combinations. I really planned to buy some fun colors, but at the end of the day, what I really need is washable/interchangeable work pads, so I got two in navy with navy binding and azure piping, and two in nougat with black binding and champagne piping (the nougat looks like it will match my schooling boots).

I did put together a petrol/graphite and royal blue/ice blue combo that I might order in the future for my lighter chestnut. I think she would look cute in the curry pad with cinnamon/terracotta, but it would be kind of hard to coordinate an outfit with that!

1 Like

I have 3 of the custom Mattes Dressage pads. The quality is amazing, and Iā€™ve lost count of how many compliments and delighted, wide-eyed gasps from fellow boarders/riders/visitors at the barn that Iā€™ve gotten since I acquired them. Theyā€™re exquisite, and definitely worth the wait. I have yet to use my beautiful white show pad (silver piping, itā€™s so stunning!) because of Covid, but iā€™m glad i have it for 2021 already. I have a jet black mare, so iā€™m very tempted to get another in ā€œfunā€ colours like fuschia/blackā€¦ but I really donā€™t NEED another oneā€¦ hmmā€¦ LOL

1 Like

The first custom pad I ordered last year was for my dressage horse to make her debut at a ā€œbigā€ show in the spring. I was sooooo sad when COVID cancelled it. It has been sitting in my closet waiting for the time to come out and play ever since! It is absolutely gorgeous.

Can you share pics of yours??

I will tryā€¦ itā€™s hard to tell from the pics but the piping is metallic, shiny sparkly silver cord. Itā€™s beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful!! What pad material is that? Not the cotton?

Yes, thatā€™s the cotton. Iā€™ve only gotten cotton ones thus far, but ā€¦ yesterday I caved and ordered another one - this time in the ā€œsheenā€ material. :cry: I think I might have a problem. LOL
I couldnā€™t help itā€¦ 25% off, free shipping, good exchange rateā€¦ UGH. Iā€™m going to be horse poor due to this ONE companyā€¦ lolol

1 Like

it must be a different cotton option then I ordered, it looks lovelyā€¦off now to go scope it out :smiling_imp:

What colours did you order!!

Fuschia with black binding and black sheepskin, and white + baby pink cord.

Now Iā€™m eyeing DSB boots in black patent to complete the lookā€¦ OMG i have a problem. :crazy_face: :money_mouth_face: :joy: