Unlimited access >

Hunter/Jumper Trends 2016

I start my show season in Ontario in the middle of March. Interested to hear what trends you are seeing at your local horse shows.

Thanks! :lol:

Why look for “trends”? Just stick with what you know to be classic, pretty, a fairly traditional color, a good fit, comfortable on you and affordable within your budget. You’ll be fine. “Trends” is where people waste money. On things that will come and go. Thousand of pairs of green-beige Tailored Sportsman breeches from 2012 sit in closets across America, never to be worn again.

I dunno, 222orchids - EQonomics wasn’t asking for a New England Frugality Lecture. If you don’t want to buy anything new, that’s okay.
If EQonomics wants to know whats out there, good for her. But don’t be a wet blanket. She’s from Ontario - imagine how little fun she’s had this winter.
I used to drive an orange Chevette in the late 1970’s. That went out of style…and even though the car worked fine and was paid for, because there was a TREND towards more neutral tone cars I decided to get a new car.
So maybe you are happily still driving your “classic 1970’s” car, riding in your Borelli saddle, and wearing your Miller’s hunt coat. Because the saddle and the coat still fit and are paid for.
EQonomics - I hope you find something new and different to enjoy with your riding and your showing. Good luck this Spring!

[QUOTE=Calling Duck;8554934]
I dunno, 222orchids - EQonomics wasn’t asking for a New England Frugality Lecture. If you don’t want to buy anything new, that’s okay.
If EQonomics wants to know whats out there, good for her. But don’t be a wet blanket. She’s from Ontario - imagine how little fun she’s had this winter.
I used to drive an orange Chevette in the late 1970’s. That went out of style…and even though the car worked fine and was paid for, because there was a TREND towards more neutral tone cars I decided to get a new car.
So maybe you are happily still driving your “classic 1970’s” car, riding in your Borelli saddle, and wearing your Miller’s hunt coat. Because the saddle and the coat still fit and are paid for.
EQonomics - I hope you find something new and different to enjoy with your riding and your showing. Good luck this Spring![/QUOTE]

Bravo!

Also being in Ontario - I totally understand your question, and look forward to peoples answers! Sometimes it is fun to add that one little trend to your otherwise classic outfit too.

I think the fact that equestrian fashion is evolving beyond Tailoreds is a good thing. If you can afford to have a closet full of breeches, what’s to stop you??

I love Ghodo, Aztec Diamond, fun brands like that. There’s new brands appearing and a lot of them look like high quality. Obviously it’s smart to have a pair or two of classic tan breeches for showing but I think these new brands are really adding a fun and fashionable element to such a classic piece of clothing as breeches and show clothing.

I also LOVE c4 belts and I am addicted.

If you follow/subscribe to The Plaid Horse Magazine, they are about to come out with their style issue. Lots of new trends and fun items to find in there!

While I am not on the circuit everday, I do believe that some kind of embelishment to helmets is coming back. I don’t think it has gone as far as the customized rhinestone bedazzeled GPAs of yesteryear, but I think little jazzing up is making the rounds. I guess we just cant help ourselves :lol:

I think one of the other biggest trends to looks out for are all the “performance” fabrics, and cuts, that continue to evolve. I could be wrong, but it seems like it’s moving towards a business under the coat, party after it’s off kind of story :wink: i.e. whites and solid fabric on parts that show under your coat, and all kind of other venting/patterns/colors for the areas that only can be seen when you are not wearing your coat. That trend has been going on for a while, but I feel like it’s really getting a bit wild and fun these days (Or I am just late to the party, which is entirely possible :D)

[QUOTE=222orchids;8554886]
Thousand of pairs of green-beige Tailored Sportsman breeches from 2012 sit in closets across America, never to be worn again.[/QUOTE]

Mine would be worn frequently-- if the waistband didn’t get stuck under the band of my bra…

Seriously, though, I liked the color-- then and now. It concealed a lot-- from stains to cellulite. What’s more, that “trend” took me from the late 1990’s into 2010 or so. Given the lifespan of breeches in my world, it was an example of a trend I’m comfortable having bought into.

Ogilvy pads in the jumper ring for sure. :cool:

Cool that’s where I show too :slight_smile:

Yay! I’ve been waiting for this thread, I also want to know whats “on trend”:cool::smiley:
ETA: I love Aztec Diamond too!

Lately it seems that Ogilvy is out and Ecogold is in.

2016 is lots of technical fabrics for the riders and customized apparel for the horse.

-Fitted euro bum style breeches with the stretch sock bottoms.
-Leather belts in rainbow of solid colours
-Samshield Helmets, lots of fun customized options
-Show shirts made of stretch technical materials- I like this Sport Horse Lifestyle one with elbow patches http://www.sporthorselifestyle.com/products/hudson-show-shirt

• Still navy and black jackets, stretch materials that are more euro style. Fitted and machine washable!

I have been seeing some fun lighter coloured blues and a gorgeous bordeaux or oxblood colour seen on Jessica Springsteen here http://jumpernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/unspecified14.jpeg

Hunter green jackets are back!

I am waiting for the return to colored show shirts! The white ones just get so dirty and stained!

Thank you Calling Duck and AMWookey! I am looking for myself, friends and since I run a blog, keeping an eye out for what to follow!

[QUOTE=AMWookey;8554947]
Bravo!

Also being in Ontario - I totally understand your question, and look forward to peoples answers! Sometimes it is fun to add that one little trend to your otherwise classic outfit too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Calling Duck and AMWookey! I am looking for myself, friends and since I run a blog, keeping an eye out for what to follow!

[QUOTE=mychestnutvalentine;8554953]
I think the fact that equestrian fashion is evolving beyond Tailoreds is a good thing. If you can afford to have a closet full of breeches, what’s to stop you??

I love Ghodo, Aztec Diamond, fun brands like that. There’s new brands appearing and a lot of them look like high quality. Obviously it’s smart to have a pair or two of classic tan breeches for showing but I think these new brands are really adding a fun and fashionable element to such a classic piece of clothing as breeches and show clothing.[/QUOTE]

I adore my GhoDhos! Haven’t heard a lot about Aztec Diamond breeches but will certainly look into them! Thank you!

[QUOTE=MtnDrmz;8555001]
If you follow/subscribe to The Plaid Horse Magazine, they are about to come out with their style issue. Lots of new trends and fun items to find in there!

While I am not on the circuit everday, I do believe that some kind of embelishment to helmets is coming back. I don’t think it has gone as far as the customized rhinestone bedazzeled GPAs of yesteryear, but I think little jazzing up is making the rounds. I guess we just cant help ourselves :lol:

I think one of the other biggest trends to looks out for are all the “performance” fabrics, and cuts, that continue to evolve. I could be wrong, but it seems like it’s moving towards a business under the coat, party after it’s off kind of story :wink: i.e. whites and solid fabric on parts that show under your coat, and all kind of other venting/patterns/colors for the areas that only can be seen when you are not wearing your coat. That trend has been going on for a while, but I feel like it’s really getting a bit wild and fun these days (Or I am just late to the party, which is entirely possible :D)[/QUOTE]

Thank you… I will be sure to subscribe to The Plaid Horse!

[QUOTE=Savannah Blue;8555324]
2016 is lots of technical fabrics for the riders and customized apparel for the horse.

-Fitted euro bum style breeches with the stretch sock bottoms.
-Leather belts in rainbow of solid colours
-Samshield Helmets, lots of fun customized options
-Show shirts made of stretch technical materials- I like this Sport Horse Lifestyle one with elbow patches http://www.sporthorselifestyle.com/products/hudson-show-shirt

• Still navy and black jackets, stretch materials that are more euro style. Fitted and machine washable!

I have been seeing some fun lighter coloured blues and a gorgeous bordeaux or oxblood colour seen on Jessica Springsteen here http://jumpernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/unspecified14.jpeg[/QUOTE]

Thank you Savannah Blue! I am a sucker for elbow patches…

I’ve been watching lots of videos of European horses. I’ve seen so many gorgeous blonde women wearing very short stretchy looking jackets! I’ve seen red, royal blue, black or navy (hard to tell) with piping on the collar and pocket flaps (white or cream piping, hard to tell). The picture of J. Springsteen’s jacket looks just like the jackets I’ve been seeing in the videos. Wondering if the trend will move from jumpers to hunters?