Unlimited access >

Hunter/Jumper Trends 2016

Aztec Diamond breeches are very cute. Has anyone had seat embellishments scratch their saddle?

I just have to put in a plug for The Plaid Horse magazine–it’s such a fun read, a wonderful resource and its Instagram and Facebook feed always has such a diverse array of beautifully-turned out riders at every level!

Certainly not a trend yet but I was having a conversation on Twitter with a bunch of people about burgundy jackets and how nice they looked on some horse/rider combinations. Not many companies make them at all but perhaps a trend of the future?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/13/23/2C45EB6100000578-3233116-image-m-117_1442184653554.jpg

[QUOTE=Lexie55;8555629]
Aztec Diamond breeches are very cute. Has anyone had seat embellishments scratch their saddle?[/QUOTE]

I’ve had my oldest pair for over a year and a half and never had a problem. My black ones have little metal studs on the pockets and they don’t come anywhere near the seat of the saddle.

[QUOTE=MsRidiculous;8555861]
I’ve had my oldest pair for over a year and a half and never had a problem. My black ones have little metal studs on the pockets and they don’t come anywhere near the seat of the saddle.[/QUOTE]

Off topic but I love your blog!!!

[QUOTE=HorseLuvr;8555375]
Hunter green jackets are back!

I am waiting for the return to colored show shirts! The white ones just get so dirty and stained![/QUOTE]

Umm, colored shirts never left IMO hehe. In a world of white, I still rock my purple Essex shirt I got back in 1999/2000 along w/ many other colored shirts. I did go more “conservative” at the last show wearing a light blue shirt one day and a light yellow the second day.

[QUOTE=King Creole;8556172]
Umm, colored shirts never left IMO hehe. In a world of white, I still rock my purple Essex shirt I got back in 1999/2000 along w/ many other colored shirts. I did go more “conservative” at the last show wearing a light blue shirt one day and a light yellow the second day.[/QUOTE]

I’m with you. I still wear colored shirts. Usually a little on the pale side, but definitely not white. It’s a very slight “rebel” quality. :smiley:

Shiny helmets.

[QUOTE=King Creole;8556172]
Umm, colored shirts never left IMO hehe. In a world of white, I still rock my purple Essex shirt I got back in 1999/2000 along w/ many other colored shirts. I did go more “conservative” at the last show wearing a light blue shirt one day and a light yellow the second day.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I refuse to get rid of a perfectly nice, $$$ shirt just because it’s not “trendy.” Can anyone really tell it’s got a pale purple check from 5 feet away anyway? I’ll wear white for finals or really big stuff (or when it’s really hot and I want a tech shirt!), but otherwise, I still love my patterned shirts. I just wish the tech fabric people would come out with some cooler shirts!

Love the C4 belts, too, but I’m so bummed that the pretty tan plaid print one I got seems to be rubbing away to plain tan with just a handfuls of wearing :frowning: The belts from Swanky Saddle are pretty nice, too.

Are brown coats coming back? I’ve seen a few on IG from the winter circuits that make me hope they are!

Love my GhoDho breeches & also brands such as BVeritigo and more european brands seem to be coming into fashion. Animo is a very popular blingy brand that seems to be the in thing over here in Europe!

[QUOTE=Savannah Blue;8555324]

I have been seeing some fun lighter coloured blues and a gorgeous bordeaux or oxblood colour seen on Jessica Springsteen here http://jumpernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/unspecified14.jpeg[/QUOTE]

that’s a fabulous color combo with jacket, pad and beautiful bay horse. :smiley:

I have been seeing some fun lighter coloured blues and a gorgeous bordeaux or oxblood colour seen on Jessica Springsteen here

I’m definitely a fan of the lighter blues and the burgundy coat trend.

I have so many belts, but I’m thinking about getting a C4. And I’m a fan of the “gaucho” belts I’m starting to see on Instagram. Here’s a link to what I’m talking about:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_FSws4Exry/?taken-by=handyhunterboutique

I love The Plaid Horse because they always have ads for a wide variety of brands- trendy new things but also the staples like Essex and RJ Clssics. My favorite trends right now are Cavalleria Toscana everything, Charles Ancona, JOTT jackets, and I think Kingsland is making a cool comeback too.

[QUOTE=Faye;8556089]
Off topic but I love your blog!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

I’m in the midst of drafting a post (hopefully to run on Friday) about a new-to-the-US custom glove company that I’m pretty excited about. The color matchiness factor will probably appeal more to eventers, but the whole “hand made, custom, very high end” aspect might appeal to the jumper set as well. I could see those folks doing a black glove with cuff piping and stitching color, too.

Love my equiline breeches and my struck ones too. I’m hunting for a green RJ hunter coat, but they’re pretty scarce in Canada in my size, so when I see one I’m going to pounce on it!!! I bought a JOTT coat in Wellington when I visited and I love it, very light but so warm.

Other than clothing, my Butet hunter bridles, I LOVE these bridles so much and have been making every hunter friend try mine on. My Dy’on bridle now sits unused in my basement. I’ve had 2 people purchase them because of my shameless promotion :lol: I’m a huge Butet fan.

[QUOTE=HJStyleReport;8557219]
I love The Plaid Horse because they always have ads for a wide variety of brands- trendy new things but also the staples like Essex and RJ Clssics. My favorite trends right now are Cavalleria Toscana everything, Charles Ancona, JOTT jackets, and I think Kingsland is making a cool comeback too.[/QUOTE]

Where can we get cavalleria in US?

Sorry but colored shirts are definitely out. Not a single amateur rider wearing them at the bigger shows.

[QUOTE=APirateLooksAtForty;8557367]
Sorry but colored shirts are definitely out. Not a single amateur rider wearing them at the bigger shows.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone who mentioned still wearing them owned the fact that they were bucking the trend-- they just don’t give a rip.

ETA: +1. I have a lavender herringbone Essex that is still my favorite.

I show hunters, jumpers, and eq so here goes!
For hunter it’s pretty much the same it’s always been, navy coat, white shirt, Tailered Sportsman Breeches, and any white fitted saddle pad. I think the only trend right now is the Samshield premium helmet and GPA speed air or first lady.
Jumper:

• all Samshield and One K helmets
  • soft shell show coats
  • the black Equifit boots
  • Ogilvy or Ecogold saddle pads
  • in smaller shows I see a lot of embroidered pads
    Equitation:
  • any Samshield helmet and GPA helmets
  • Equifit LUXE boots
  • pretty much same show clothing as hunter
  • Good equitation :lol:

[QUOTE=APirateLooksAtForty;8557367]
Sorry but colored shirts are definitely out. Not a single amateur rider wearing them at the bigger shows.[/QUOTE]

Oh pooey… I have the Essex Talent Yarn in white, blue and lilac and so do most of my hunter rider friends. White schmite. Boring!!

Parlantis seem to be the boots to have!