Unlimited access >

Hunter/Jumper Trends 2016

[QUOTE=Faye;8557350]
Where can we get cavalleria in US?[/QUOTE]

Monica at Equ Lifestlye she has an Instagram where you can reach her.

[QUOTE=Madness;8557433]
Parlantis seem to be the boots to have![/QUOTE]

Yes, Parlantis are definitely the favorite right now.

Samshields are also very popular, and I have noticed a lot of pony kids with custom bling to match their show bows.

I personally love the dark green coats in the tech fabric. I saw a junior wearing one on a big grey and fell in love, it really looked sharp!

[QUOTE=lmlacross;8557404]
I think everyone who mentioned still wearing them owned the fact that they were bucking the trend-- they just don’t give a rip.

ETA: +1. I have a lavender herringbone Essex that is still my favorite.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know I’m not cool for wearing them. I’m just old enough to be getting ready to age out of the “youngers” and into the “olders” and still remember (and own!) all the pretty colors we used to get to wear in the ring. Heck, I still wear my puke green breeches for lessons!

It’s funny, a decade or more ago no one would have worn plain black and white–that was a sure sign you were someone from Dressageland. Now, the hunters are all black/navy and white, and the DQs have gone crazy with colored shadbellys and crazy stock ties!

Yes, JenEM-- I am now 36. I bet our (show clothes) closets are the same.

Sorry but colored shirts are definitely out. Not a single amateur rider wearing them at the bigger shows.

THANK GOODNESS I don’t show at the bigger shows. Man, I’d look a fool

(we need an eye-roll emoji…we really do)

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=King Creole;8557871]

(we need an eye-roll emoji…we really do)[/QUOTE]

We do! Click on “show more” under the emoji button.

:rolleyes::uhoh:

I noticed at HITS Thermal many jumper riders wearing dark colored breeches with sun shirts on non-classic days.

The topic was what is on trend. I’m telling you that colored shirts are not trending. You want to “rock them,” have at it. But don’t get mad and/or look for the eye rolling emoji when someone tells you truthfully they are not trendy.

Goodness. Nobody said they were “on trend” that I can see. One poster said that “around here” (which I read as “in her life”) colored shirts had never left. I’m not sure why the clarification was needed; no one was under the impression that their holding fast to preference put them on the vanguard of show ring fashion.

“I’m sorry, but…” and “not one amateur at the biggest shows” are likely what got the eye roll more than the observation itself.

On Wednesdays, we wear pink. And Friday through Sunday we wear white, wrap-collar tech shirts with contrasting trim.

I had a friend who had her C4 belt rub off pretty quickly. Apparently there was a quality problem with some of the patterned belts that were produced, and they are doing replacements. I would contact them and see if that belt may have been involved.

I love belts - some of the trends I see around here…
*hunt club belts
*asmar reversible belts
*rebecca ray suede belts

I still see the spur belts and TS quilted belts too but I think they are a little ‘done’ now.

I love trends. No shame here.

Also it seems like color blocking will be popular in the sunshirts this spring. I’ve seen it from EIS and Kastel. I’m excited about that, very slimming!

Thank you everyone! So neat hearing trends from different areas around North America. I have compiled what I have noted and my friends have for my recent blog post.

[QUOTE=EQonomics;8561067]
Thank you everyone! So neat hearing trends from different areas around North America. I have compiled what I have noted and my friends have for my recent blog post.[/QUOTE]

Would love to see your blog post … perhaps add a link in your sig line?!

[QUOTE=HorseLuvr;8555375]
Hunter green jackets are back!

I am waiting for the return to colored show shirts! The white ones just get so dirty and stained![/QUOTE]

YAY !
I swear to you I can still fit in my hunter green subtle pinstripe Pytchley from the late 70’s and love it with my dark blue Pytchley pinstripe …

Speaking of Pytchley my husband and last teen daughter went to GOODWILL to find a new vacuum ( he is Dutch and very frugal to say the least ) and miraculously came home instead with TWO pair of s 26 long BEIGE Pytchley breeches . I was THRILLED . I think he paid like 5.00 for both . Yes its a classic but they are perfect. Not a pinprick or stain anywhere !!! Had to tell someone and you all would understand .

As far as shirts I think I have been wearing LIGHT solid colored ones since 1968 !
I wore a light blue one last summer and placed consistently high . I am in the Seattle area but still , born and raised in Texas . I want to try the ones with the contrasting collars.

[QUOTE=GoldDustWoman;8561249]
YAY !
I swear to you I can still fit in my hunter green subtle pinstripe Pytchley from the late 70’s and love it with my dark blue Pytchley pinstripe …

Speaking of Pytchley my husband and last teen daughter went to GOODWILL to find a new vacuum ( he is Dutch and very frugal to say the least ) and miraculously came home instead with TWO pair of s 26 long BEIGE Pytchley breeches . I was THRILLED . I think he paid like 5.00 for both . Yes its a classic but they are perfect. Not a pinprick or stain anywhere !!! Had to tell someone and you all would understand .

As far as shirts I think I have been wearing LIGHT solid colored ones since 1968 !
I wore a light blue one last summer and placed consistently high . I am in the Seattle area but still , born and raised in Texas . I want to try the ones with the contrasting collars.[/QUOTE]

Not the breeches, but Pytchley is still out there as a jacket brand. Mears in the UK is still making coats under that line, including bespoke ones. They’re proper hunting wool, and tweeds, not the trendy techy stuff you see everywhere now which is probably why they’ve seemed to disappear from the market. But I just ordered sidesaddle stuff from them, and they are fabulous to work with, and the coats are just lovely.

No one on this thread was saying colored shirts are trendy. But several of us were saying that we loved colored/pattered shirts back in the day, because there was a gorgeous array to compliment horse and rider, and some of us never entirely have stopped wearing them. They’re not a trend, they’re something several of us wish would come back. Then again, I’m also always threatening to order men’s dress shirts from my SO’s English shirtmaker, because their offering for men’s shirts are so much more varied than the plain and occasionally pinstriped stuff for ladies.

What I’m seeing-

Jackets and breeches:
Animo
Cavalleria Toscana
Equiline
Pikeur

Pads:
Ogilvy
EcoGold
Equiline

Helmets:
Samshield

Horse boots:
Veredus carbon fiber
Equifit

Tack:
CWD 2Gs/2G/SE02
Antares
Devoucoux
Butet

Related question. With the shift to wrap collar shirts are they still monogrammed like the chokers of old? Question specific for the hunters.

[QUOTE=fourfillies;8563487]
Related question. With the shift to wrap collar shirts are they still monogrammed like the chokers of old? Question specific for the hunters.[/QUOTE]
I have seen it occasionally but it’s not that common.

[QUOTE=fourfillies;8563487]
Related question. With the shift to wrap collar shirts are they still monogrammed like the chokers of old? Question specific for the hunters.[/QUOTE]

I have my Talent Yarn shirts monogrammed. See it quite a bit in the hunters