Unlimited access >

Husky / Stanley Tack Trunk Owners

Love my trunk, so much so that several others at the barn are getting them as well (I have the Husky). Found a place that makes the engraved plastic signs in 3"x12" which is exactly the size of the area on top where it says Husky!

I’ve been considering getting a stall sign for it since I got it 2 years ago, but most horse places they only go up to 2" high and i’m a bit obsessive and just couldn’t pull the trigger. Anyway, they just arrived, and i’m pleased, and wanted to share. Insigniah.com if anyone is interested in shopping there. Here’s mine!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/blujen/horses/12874208_1144599392225410_2139756942_o_zps0xnnrljc.jpg

Is it adhesive?

I’m sorry… I’m too distracted by the clean lid to look at the sign.

I swear mine manages to accumulate a layer of grunge in the two seconds it takes me to wipe it off and then put the rag away.

5 Likes

Can you link to the product you ordered? I wouldn’t mind ordering the same thing for mine.

I really need to get one of those trunks.

[QUOTE=PNWjumper;8582466]
Can you link to the product you ordered? I wouldn’t mind ordering the same thing for mine.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind - I see the one you got. Does the adhesive stick pretty solidly?

I put it on last night so I don’t know how long it’s going to last. It’s basically a strip of double sided tape, on the back of the plate. I sort of expect to need to glue it on at some point, but at least It went on fast and seems solid for now!

And um… I wiped it down a bit before I took the photo, don’t worry it gets dusty and filthy pretty quickly sitting out in the barn!

Gorilla Glue (super glue version) will hold that puppy on if the adhesive doesn’t cut it. I used it to put a brass plate on my Stanley trunk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I moved office cubes at work. HR gave me a new nameplate (2 x 8") for my new spot when I planned to just use my old one. Guess what I did with my spare name plate? Glued it to the top of my Stanley trunk. Thanks workplace!

1 Like

Can one of you post a link to the trunks you are talking about? I might need to get one

Try this at Home Depot:

Stanley Model # 029025R
Internet # 203710098
24-Gal. Mobile Chest

image.jpg

1 Like

This is the one that I have - the two are very similar, the Husky is slightly cheaper, and has a rubberized gasket around the edges so that even if it gets hit with water from a hose, everything inside stays nice and dry.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-209261/203668066

2 Likes

[QUOTE=blujen;8583861]
This is the one that I have - the two are very similar, the Husky is slightly cheaper, and has a rubberized gasket around the edges so that even if it gets hit with water from a hose, everything inside stays nice and dry.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-209261/203668066[/QUOTE]

The Husky one also has a big flat spot on the front that a vinyl monogram/logo will stick to, unlike the Stanley one, which has ridges :wink: So much more reasonable than even the plastic “tack” trunks being sold! They even have a built in brush tray, and roll right up the ramp into the trailer.

I love my Stanley!

And I saw a picture last year of Beezie packing up to go to the World Cup Finals and she uses a Stanley trunk for travel, too. So if it’s good enough for Beezie, it’s good enough for me!

Seriously, though. My big, heavy, wood trunk is in my bedroom at home, polished and lovely as a piece of actual furniture, and I’ll never have another trunk at the barn again that isn’t a Stanley on wheels with a handle. So convenient!

1 Like

I’ve got two Stanleys with nameplates on them. Love them to bits. Locking, portable, water and rat proof. Yes!

I have 3 stanley bins and love the poop out of them! They are great and super handy.

Would love to get name plates!

So which is better??? I need to get one but will have to order it as we have no Home Depot type stores!

Can you put name plates on the Stanley?

and OP, I must be dense but I can’t figure out where you got your tag!!!

The HD by me carries both in store, so I went to see both in person before getting one. I thought the metal latches on the Stanley seemed flimsy, and nearly sliced my finger on one of them. The Husky, which I ended up buying, felt a little more substantial, and I liked the latches/clasps on the front better. Rather than a top plate like the OP, I ordered a vinyl monogram off Etsy for around $10 to go on the front. It looks pretty nice for the cost. I would assume the plates from the OP would fit the top of either, but the way the front of the Stanley is ridged, you can’t put anything substantial on the front of it.

1 Like

I have 2 Husky and 3 Stanley. I prefer the Stanley, but its a bit of a toss up. IMHO, the Husky closures are too firm//difficult to close. The Stanley hardware rusts faster. I’ve only had one break (at the wheel/axle)- and it was a Husky.

1 Like

Do you know if this plate will fit the Stanley? I would love to order some for mine! :slight_smile: