Unlimited access >

I BOUGHT MYSELF A HORSE!!!!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! May you enjoy a long, safe, fun and fabulous time together! He sounds WONDERFUL.

Congratulations Bumpkin! I love the name Elliot for him! With a personality like his, I’m sure he’ll go far. The best ones are always quirky (just like our beloved JRTs). Best of luck!

Elliott update.
Yesterday we went for a spin around the neighborhood, he met his first Llama!!! Was intently eyeing this wierd animal but kept on going. I was impressed.
After having to ride some really silly TB’s out on the roads in England, he was a Saint!
Especially since he has never been out of a ring or paddock.
I also got his paperwork. And was happy to see that he has some brothers on his dams side who were impressive locally.
So having “Starman” as his sire isn’t his only breeding claim, haha.
His dam is a TB named “Oh Louise” (Free Up x Rainy Valley by *Vaucresson) and she is also the dam of “Friar Rock” Zone IX Conformation Hunter Champion and Juniour Hunter, and “I Spy” a PNW Sport Horse Champion. I don’t know when exactly they were showing, I think mid 90’s, or if they still are.
If anyone knows anything let me know.
Yes I know I have to post some photos, I will before he gets wooly.

I’ve enjoyed Bumkins ‘thread’ so much. Its wonderful to see people getting connected again over the internet. I’m new at this site. Could you please email me (or post) how to find the “pictures” you speak of. Thanks.
(Funny this thread almost sounds like our dressage “Fossils on the Flat” folder. LOL

Finally a photo of Elliot, I know it is rather informal but better than nothing.
It is actually a pre Halloween photo with his Halloween Rat on his post. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=196497&a=1526984&p=34126187

I hope this works

Like Kryswyn said having Jack Russells… a Rat is most appropriate

How wonderful! Starman is one of my all-time favorites too! Please post pics soon!

Bumpkin,

Congratulations on your very nice horse! I know the people who owned Oh Louise. She was sadly put down two years ago after fracturing her leg at pasture. As you have noted, she had some very nice babies. She was leased out for the breeding to Starman.

Friar Rock is now showing as “Ransom” and is a champion many times over in AO Hunters (at Indio & other big shows) with a student of Peter Pletcher. I believe he is still owned by those same people.

There is another half-brother named “Friar Wood” in the Seattle area who is an excellent children’s/amateur hunter. Same great attitude!!!

I can get some more info from my friend if you like. She keeps up on all of “her” horses & would be happy to chat with you.

I haven’t posted any photos yet. I am awful about just taking some and getting them on here.
I will work on it this weekend.
I did find out there are 3 brothers out of Oh Louise by different sires, they are:
Ransom, (Friar Rock), who is showing in VA
Trademark, (I Spy), who is showing in NY and Florida
Friar Wood, showing in WA
Maybe Colin or Duffy have seen Ransom or know his owners.
This has been so wonderful learning all this through the COH BB.

It took a lot of tries, but it finally worked…yaay!!!

Bumpkin, Elliot is very cute looking … one of our clients (she lives and shows in WPB but has her young horse with us up in Ontario for the summer months)has a Starman baby and Elliot has a look of him … his name is Walk of Fame, does the older Adults and is a real cutie!

Hoping you and Elliot are enjoying the winter months!