Unlimited access >

I found out my trainer gave a beginner lesson on my horse after she told me that only she and her assistant would be riding him

They see a title that looks interesting or is what they are looking for? It makes no difference to me if it is a current or old topic if its is a good one. I can go back and read it again and have no clue I posted on it years ago until I come upon my name…

7 Likes

I took him out of training with her and just sold him myself.

7 Likes

If it’s relevant information or someone feels they have something to add, who cares

4 Likes

I agree completely.
It’s one thing if the professional asks or presents it as an option to consider, but I don’t think anyone should feel pressured.
Personally, I would change trainers if at all feasible. You don’t want your horse with someone you can’t trust. If for some reason that’s out of the question, then “prefer” should not be in your vocabulary with this person. I would send an entire paper trail of texts, emails, and letters stating that the only people who have permission to ride your horse are X, Y, and Z and keep copies. Make it crystal clear. I know that can be hard to do, but some people will run right over you if they can, and this person sounds like she will.

1 Like

They shouldn’t take more horses for training than they can train. It’s not complicated.

5 Likes

Thanks, OP, for the update. I’m glad it turned out well enough in the end. We always wonder how it turned out if there isn’t a final chapter. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re welcome. That horse was susceptible to stable cough and, while I did talk with her about this as well, and she was willing to keep him outside of her barn, I still took him out of training with her and he went to a good home

4 Likes