Unlimited access >

I got two fosters today

I didn’t want to derail a thread so they get their own. They have an upper respiratory infection, they’re skinny but they have a motor already.

So sweet.

Poor little things. I’ve got to give them dewormer the next two nights, antibiotics once a day and eye ointment twice a day.

I don’t want to give Snickers their URI so I’m leaving clothes in there and changing. Washing hands each time. Hopefully that’s enough.

The tux isn’t pooping in his food he just sneezed.

37 Likes

They are so CUTE. Thank you for fostering them. Nothing better than a little kitten’s motor going while snuggling. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Omg that face on the tux

2 Likes

Bless you for fostering them ~ they will be shiny new pennies soon ~

8 Likes

Aw, poor little babies. Thanks for taking them in! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

They’ve eaten three small meals of wet food, used the litterbox and are currently running around like crazy.

I hope Tux doesn’t sound quite so bad tomorrow. He’s very congested. I may text the medical team in the morning if he’s no better.

Kittens crack me up. They are into everything!!!

9 Likes

Bless you for helping them & jingles for them. It seems this is a horrible year for kittens & sick ones, at that. They’re lucky to have you!

2 Likes

Sweet babies! Keep posting pictures! I hope the URI clears up soon. It’s rough out there for ferals so thanks for helping them! :heart:

3 Likes

I hope they get better soon. The fact that they are active is a pretty good indicator that they will pull thru. Busy kittens are the best. The expression on the little Tuxie’s face is priceless.

4 Likes

If you have a small bathroom, and can periodically steam it up with a hot showerand leave them in the, that will help!

I’ve had fosters for a few years and they are always isolated, but I’ve noticed at least 1x a year a mild virus will make it’s way through my herd not matter how careful I am. It’s usually just missing 1 meal and some sneezes and nothing more… But mine have a catio, so I’m not certain that it isn’t some neighborhood cat either

9 Likes

They’re adorable and lucky to have you as a foster parent! Can’t wait to see them transform over the next weeks.

3 Likes

More cute little kittens!

3 Likes

I’ve got a screened back porch so that’s always a possibility.

They’re in the bathroom I take a shower in so they’ll be getting steamed up soon. Just did chores at the barn and I need one!

4 Likes

They are eating good too. They immediately dove into their wet food this morning and didn’t come up for air til it was gone.

9 Likes

Adorable! It sounds like a lot of work, but I’m sure it’s worth it for the tiny purrs and snuggles. They’re lucky kitties.

3 Likes

I took them for a check up this morning. I noticed the little tabby limping a little yesterday and they fit me in.

Unfortunately his hind left leg was broken in the past and it doesn’t look fixable on x-ray. The vet wasn’t there today but they’ll let me know tomorrow.

I have some pain meds for him now.

8 Likes

Poor little baby!

3 Likes

PeepyCat says grow big and strong little ones!

6 Likes

Poor little guy!

3 Likes

Thank you for fostering!!

4 Likes