Unlimited access >

I HAVE HAY!!

In an effort to help feed hungry horse mouths across the country, the Chronicle has given the go-ahead to relax the advertising rules a bit in the Hay Forum ONLY.

Use this thread to post a FREE notice of hay you have available for sale. Please keep the wheeling and dealing specifics behind the scenes, so the thread doesn’t get cluttered.

Make your post easy to read – clearly post your (or the hay’s ;)) location, amount available, type, etc. If you sell out, come on back to delete your post or edit it to reflect that it’s no longer available.

We’ll tweak the rules/concept if necessary if there are any problems and feel free to contact us with suggestions.

Thanks,
Mod 1

Bermuda squares for sale. Summerville GA

Hay guys LOL. SKA has once again done hay this year. We have gorgeous heavy, dry and sweet smelling bermuda for sale. $6 a bale at the barn, delivery possible if not too far.

This is some of our best hay ever.

email at sunkissedacres@charter.net or call 706-734-0681

Large squares coastal bermuda in NW GA

Heavy green gorgeous coastal bermuda available from Sunkissed Acres. This is some of the nicest hay we have had yet. $6.00 a bale, delivery possible if not too far. Barn stored.

Tennessee and surrounding

[QUOTE=Moderator 1;3378959]
In an effort to help feed hungry horse mouths across the country, the Chronicle has given the go-ahead to relax the advertising rules a bit in the Hay Forum ONLY.

thank you and the "guys in Corporate"

Use this thread to post a FREE notice of hay you have available for sale. Please keep the wheeling and dealing specifics behind the scenes, so the thread doesn’t get cluttered.

We at <a href="http://www.productionacres.com">Production Acres</a> grow 1500 acres of hay in Tn and we cut this normally 4 times a year from april to nov...types grown here include t/o,t/a,mmg and straight alfalfa in 3x3x8 and 50lb compressed sqares, all sales by the ton on scales...prices start at $150/ton...

delivery is available (w/mechanical unload by our drivers) on our trucks w/in 300 miles and farther still on commerical carriers...last year we grew 350 semi loads and shipped in 300 more...

we are also HAPPY to help you locate an NHA member in your area and will post info as we have it to enquiries to the many many parts of the US that are too far from us to make a sale but still need a [B]reliable hay contact...[/B]

thank you

Tamara,

Do you guys commercial ship to FL???

[QUOTE=ponygirl;3383589]
Tamara,

Do you guys commercial ship to FL???[/QUOTE
]

yes of course…you’d need to ring Calvin for details
423 346 7909

I have found several local farmers selling hay for $4 per bale (50 pound bales) and even 1000 pound round bales for around $35-$40 each. I found lots on Craig’s List.

Location?

Anyone have hay that is soft - soft enough for an aged (but healthy) horse that has chewing problems due to some molars issues? I’m running out of what I have now and my source has no more.

She quids (wads up) her hay and it falls out, but she CAN get by on really nice soft hay. She grew up on Timothy-alfalfa mix, so there’s ALSO the problem of her turning up her nose at hay that is less flavorful (i.e. bermuda). She’s getting some dengie but I prefer also giving her some hay too so she has something to do when she’s inside her stall.

Near Waynesboro, Virginia

Sugar Loaf Farms
Growing Orchard hay
Teff Hay
Small square bales
Prices varie on cut and quality form $3.00 to $7.00
Delivery offered
Mark Ferguson 540-447-6881

Pretty Good Bermuda Rounds Paris AR

hi all

in addition to all the “normal” hay we have :slight_smile: we have about 400 4x5 net wrapped rounds of bermuda which is a Tifton 44 in Paris Arkansas…this variety has not given us many problems

there is all three cuttings, some barn stored and some not…

$35/bale +/-…semi loads only…please ring Calvin 800.579.8115 if you are
nearby and interested …this was hay we bought over the winter and is with a long time supplier of ours…

thanks!

We Have Hay in Richmond, VA Area

We have orchardgrass mix square bales in Goochland VA (west of Richmond) for $3.50/bale out of the barn. No delivery. Baling first batch tomorrow 9/5, should have a couple hundred bales, and will continue cutting/baling as weather permits, should have another 1000 bales eventually. Looks beautiful but field was bush-hogged earlier this year so it does have some thatch in it that your horses will eat around (thus the low price). Please call (804) 651-5169 and leave message if no answer.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Alf/Grass Squares-Sarasota,FL

ALFALFA (MI)-We bring our our own semi with loads of hay to the polo club in Sarasota, FL to feed our own horses and supply the club members. Due to the decrease in members at the club this winter, we are looking to get outside customers. Hay is northern MI hay, average 68-75 lbs, alfalfa. They have actually been weighed–these are not small little kick bales, they are big, heavy bales, tightly baled. One bale will feed about 12 horses a good sized lunch. Clean, green hay. You pickup/load. $15.50/bale. If you are interested purchasing, please PM me and tell me how many bales you would want. Hay will be coming until April/May. We can also get alf/grass and first cutting if you desire it. Please inquire.

Thanks,
Amy
248-760-5178

Just bought some really nice VT hay

Bought beautiful first and second cut hay from near Ludlow, Vermont, and had it shipped by a really nice trucker who helped unload. Call Kevin (the farmer) 802-773-6687 for pricing - costs will be influenced by how far you ship because the shipper bills by the hour. He didn’t have a lot of second cut left but the first cut was nice, too.

Lincoln, what kind of hay(s) is the VT farmer selling?

need bermuda, fescue, or alfalfa mixed with these for allergenic mare

I need to find fescue, bermuda, or alfalfa mixed with these hays. I have a mare that i just found out is allergic to everything but these. I have 2 other horses that I have a nice supply of orchard grass for. I need about 20 bales and am willing to trade 20 bales of my nice orchard grass for. I live in Pennsylvania.

NW Georgia: Fescue and More

I saw this farm advertising on Craigslist and bought some hay myself. GREAT prices. They charge $3.50 per bale (square bale) while some of the private barns, etc. are selling it for $5 + per bale.

Hill City Farm Services
We have hay for sale - wholesale to all!
Jasper, Georgia
404-358-6647
706-253-9090

I just got a load and I’m getting another of straight alfalfa. $7/bale very very nice stuff

Southeast Hay Distributors - Located in Wellington FL

Hello all,

Southeast Hay Distributors is located in Wellington, Florida and we are dedicated to bringing only top quality hay to our consumers. We offer a wide variety of forage and hay products to meet the needs of both leisure and professional equestrians.

Pricing varies depending on delivery. Bulk orders will be discounted accordingly.

Do you want a premium quality product? We stand behind out product 100%.

Why work with us?

• Reliable delivery times
  • Last minute delivery is available anywhere in the state of Florida. (Only on in-stock products)
  • We are members of the National Hay Association and ship hay all over the country.

We work with the top growers in the United States which guarentees your consistancy. For futher information, you may contact our office located in Wellington, Florida. Ask for Alex.

We also offer custom baling, custom orders, on-site storage solutions, and much much more. Need bagged shavings delivered with your order? Not a problem, just let us know!

Best Regards,

Alexander Christensen

Office: (561)623-9009
Haysales@southeasthay.com

Southeast Hay Distributors, Inc.
3132 Fortune Way, D-3
Wellington, Fl 33414

Online at: www.southeasthay.com

o/a and orch hay semi load in ATL today only…

so…

long saga but basically we have a load of hay that originated with another grower that has been diverted from it’s destination in FL

it is now in ATL and we have been asked as the nearest reliable party to find it home…

it is a full semi of o/alf and some straight Orchardgrass…

if you interested PLEASE call Calvin 800 579 8115…it is costing money to have the trucker waiting for a home for his load…:slight_smile:

this message will self delete when the load has a home…

thanks!!!