Unlimited access >

I have to tell someone... finally under contract on a farm! 8 months later, it’s ours!

Oh boy😳
If your realtor isn’t getting you a quick response on these things,
I’d be telling them they only have x amount of time to get to the bottom of this.
It also would be a good idea to go talk to a realestate attorney about this whole deal.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

One would hope the realtor would be burning some phone lines!!!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you are going through all of this.

Even MORE likely if an attorney, points out that ‘Hey, you were not supposed to take those according to the CONTRACT you signed.’

FWIW when I’ve had an issue (although not realty focused) just a simple letter from my attorney clears things up and I don’t have to spend a ton of money on legal fees. But now you’ll have to find an honest attorney that won’t charge you for every 1 minute phone call and try to drag things out so they make more money. :pensive:

If they moved the sheds out they can move them back in.

2 Likes

Or the cost to replace them come off the purchase price at closing ( along with everything else they took). If you get it settled will you do a final walk through before closing?? I hope I never have to purchase another property!

1 Like

The prospects are looking very bad for this purchase. While it’s not officially done, I will probably be deleting this thread as I don’t think there is any more progress to be made.

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

1 Like

Well, shit. I’m sorry :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

:hugs: :cry:

1 Like

So very sorry! This just sucks!

Hope this means you find something even better.

1 Like

That freaking sucks. I am so sorry

Oh no. I’m so so sorry. :frowning:

So so sorry. Ugh… usually there is a reason they don’t work out.

@Texarkana

It was supposed to be hugs and cry if the emojis would work…

What a rough journey!

I bought a house once which had some legal complications. In the scheme of all things, the issues were minor but involved a seller who was dealing with foreclosure on the property. In the middle of my purchase process I realized that I would have been better off to have waited for the property to be foreclosed on and then purchased it from the former owner who held the note privately.

I mention this because if you choose to back out or just can’t make it work, which seems likely, don’t write it off in case you are still looking in six months or a year. Hopefully, this will not be the case and you will be in another even better place by that time. But just in case… Keep tabs on it and on who the new owner will be after the bankruptcy. Since you are now intimately acquainted with this property and with all of its quirks and assets, you will be in a very good position to make a quick offer and to be really comfortable with whatever price you are willing to pay.

Edit to add:
Please don’t delete any posts even though this whole thread may have turned out to be a big Nevermind as far as you are concerned. I get that you may be seeing this topic as a negative reminder of the sorry situation you have experienced and that it is a bummer to even see it, much less rehash it. But this thread ties in so nicely with the theme of the other real estate thread with its accounts of the many (often negative) experiences people are having with this difficult market. Your account is really educational and is valuable.

11 Likes

Booooooo!!! I’m sorry! Although, with the whole “vanishing sheds and other sketchiness” thing, maybe it will turn out that you dodged a bullet?

3 Likes

I’m sorry this didn’t happen.

I agree with Libby, if they took the sheds, then who knows what else has disappeared, or would have before closing, and what other nasty things would happen.

All of the liens make me suspect that this deal will never happen. I wonder if the sellers were up front with their own representatives about the problems with their liens coming along, and everything else?

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooo :sob:

I’m so sorry; tht this was the one

Jingles & AO for a better property

* this is really shitty * again I’m sorry

It doesn’t matter how hot the market is, the farm is under contract with you and the sheds were written into the purchase agreement. We wrote EVERYTHING in, including a washer and dryer on the porch.

The washer and dryer went missing and the sellers said too bad, we don’t even know if they work so we won’t replace them. Nope. Doesn’t matter, you said they were included and we got a chunk of cash at close.

The septic failed the inspection in a spectacular fashion and they also refused to fix that but ended having to because of the contract.

Yes, it did take 60 days to close but we got what we wanted and the contract held solid.

3 Likes

Well, we are well over 100 days at this point with no ability to close on sight!

But I agree. We also got a sellers contribution for them breaking the septic. We have written an addendum about what we want for the outbuildings, which is the current cost to replace them new ($$$) or to return them.

The problem isnt the hot market but the dualing courts: every change to the offer has to go through 2 trustees and 2 judges now and that takes forever and a day. Plus any one of those parties could say no.

We don’t think this sale is even going to happen now because of the inability to clear the title.

2 Likes

Ewwww. That’s not how it works here.