Unlimited access >

I need some good vibes

Does it appear that any food put out has been eaten? I know its hard to determine who might be eating it without a camera.
I sure hope she allows herself to be caught soon. You must be very worried!

She’s trying ~ be patient ~ ((hugs)) Jingles & AO ~

“Come on back inside Diana ~ your mom needs you ~ and you need her too” ~

She must be ? In the bushes ? ~ prop that door open a little any time you can ? Be patient, she’s trying but she’s scared and her instincts are telling her to ‘stay quiet and hidden.

4 Likes

I propped my front door open most of the night last night and closed it so my other cat cid leave the bedroom. I think I have a better idea of how to modify my approach to catching her

2 Likes

One of the things I realized is that I am going to have to leave our smaller portions and switch them out/ add out water through out the day . They are freezing

2 Likes

Heating wet food in the microwave for a bit really enhances the smell of it (sorry, your kitchen will smell).

1 Like

@Bearx2 First, please know you are doing a great job at this ‘getting Diana back in the house’ ~ patience is the key !

With all the cats that I have had in my heart ~ domestic and ferals and ‘derals’ = domesticated ferals ~ scent, sound, sight, and ROUTINE ~ has kept them safe. Safe during an escape or incident of ‘misplaced’ in the house or barn; until they are “back in”.

They hide - instinct ; but they will appear when it safe, according to their senses, they will try ~ and you are helping her.

Jingles & AO continue til Diana strolls back in the door and rubs up against your leg ~ ((hugs)) for your worried heart ~

4 Likes

I am thinking of moving one of her favorite hide boxes to the back porch and leaving food out there. I think it a little less exposed and the box smells like her. The way the track lay if it is her I think she is hiding out back somewhere.

3 Likes

:link::link::link::link:JINGLING for Diana to come back in!
It sounds like you’re doing everything possible.

Are you calling for her when you put food out?
Don’t worry about neighbors hearing.
I named a cat after my street once & I’m sure the neighbors wondered why I’d stand on the porch yelling the street name :smirk:

3 Likes

The nice thing is that all my neighbors know what is going on so me yelling my head off doesn’t cause concern :joy:

4 Likes

Can you leave a snow-free path right up & in the door? (I commend your love and fortitude for leaving the door open a bit in the weather you are experiencing.)

Also try putting an activated hand-warmer under the food dish. Hopefully it’s not cold enough that it will freeze with that. Or maybe not freeze all the way through.

Since she’s coming so close, if you don’t get her in the next day or so, and she is eating the food, consider a humane trap. You can usually rent one for a nominal fee from a local animal shelter.

Those prints are a very very positive sign !!! Good luck !!!

2 Likes

I am going to leave the back door open tonight, i have a humane trap but I would rather not use it. Love the idea of using hand warmers to keep the good warm .

4 Likes

She’s back in the house! Thank you all for the advice and kind words .

33 Likes

Yay! So happy Diana is home safe!

3 Likes

Diana’s HOME !!!

Blue Ribbon for her mom !!!

Please tell us about the reunion ~ when you’ve recovered a bit ~ just Thrilled for you two !

4 Likes

I honestly think she wanted to come in fora few days now and I just had to time giving her a way to do that .

4 Likes

Hooray!!! So glad she’s back!

2 Likes

* please share the details - time and how she ‘met’ you upon re-entry ? TIA ~ I know I’ll sleep better tonight knowing Diana is HOME !

3 Likes

I left the back door open and she was screaming at my closed bedroom door at about 1:00 am. She has a very unique meow that she uses when she is stressed. I open the bedroom door and there she was . A little thinner ( which is okay she was a little chubby) but other wise no worse for wear .

10 Likes

Here are some photos of Diana.

26 Likes

I had a lot of people both online and in person who would have been really up set if something had happened to her . I am so glad she’s back for so many reasons

6 Likes