Unlimited access >

I ran over the Easter Bunny!!!! (not for the squeamish)

Edit

Has anyone ever done the “Crank the car, kill the cat” one? Ugh, that is awful…

Shocker to see this thread pop up.

I am the bunny murderer in question. And this IS horse related, I squished said bunny on the way to the barn.

It’s a year later, I can sleep a little better, but my poor station wagon still bears scars.

Took months to get the bunny fur off the engine.

Late one night my brother hit a Coyote and didn’t tell anyone. The next morning my mom and I saw it, I jokingly said “oh I bet it was John (my brother) who hit it” My mom said "oh I bet it was our horrible neighber he is always speeding. Well when we got home i asked my brother if he had seen it, and he said “yeah I saw it, I hit it!”

The a few days ago in the middle of the day. A baby deer goes running through our yard and out to the street. My two dogs (very old Golden and Brittney) go tearing after it. The deer gets attacked by my dogs are few times, but amazingly he escapes unharmed!!

Ther emust be something wierd going on the last couple weeks, wild animals have been out in the middle of the day. Two days in a row I have seen coyotes right next to the ring at my barn.

~Christina~
“I don’t patronize bunny rabbits!” -Heathers
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

never swerve for small animals. Rather a dead bunny than a dead person.

But still, it is soooo upsetting, I know.

Worthy, we know you did not intentionally commit bunnycide. If it makes you feel better, maybe the bunny wanted to die, I mean, maybe his wife left him for a younger bunny, he was in debt up to his eyeballs, he was stealing from other bunnies to support his carrot habit etc. It may have been for the best…

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Medievalist:
The boar wakes up while the guy is driving, kills the guy, and destroys the car, and escapes into the woods. Medievalist<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this true?!?

I have a sad story - one time at my barn, this woman was riding in the indoor and there were some pigeons chilling around on the ground and in the rafters (they are regulars around there). The horses don’t care about them and they generally stay out of the horses’ way. Unfortunately, one day this woman was riding, and a pigeon took off suddenly right under her horse! Poor thing broke its neck and died

EMMA

Poor Worthy, that stinks! I almost committed bunny murder myself at Pin Oak. Almost squashed bunny between tire and speed bump. Yuck. Luckily, it scampered away, avoiding the huge truck coming the other way, too. Some bunnies are luckier, I guess.

My husband always wants to throttle me when I swerve for animals. I will risk our lives (if I see the darn things) to avoid hitting them. Forget oncoming traffic…it’s all about the animal!

Make sure you roll up your windows every time you approach one on the road, because, as someone pointed out before, their takeoff time is very slow and you may end up with your own version of the wild turkey in the front seat story.

Won’t relay the details of the actual event as it brings up very bad memories (ever see one of those suckers up close- I mean face to face??)

Oh, the horror… the horror…

tut tut No Easter PEEPs in your basket THIS year, missy.

A B B Y

Thanks Flash, I was hoping to forget my bunny killing experience! But since you brought it up…

Last Monday, I was mowing my lawn and (yup, you guessed it) I ran over a baby bunny. Yes, very gross. Yes, very sad. But it gets worse.

I was using a little manual push mower, so it didn’t really have the power to completely destroy the bunny. Nope, I just mortally wounded the poor thing. The bunny’s front end was still working, but its back end was paralyzed (I think I must have severed its spinal cord).

I was very upset. However, the dozen or so 8-10 year old children playing right next to my lawn were horrified!

Kids were crying, shrieking, wailing. And I was wondering how I was going to put the poor baby bunny out of its misery.

I knew was I was not about to pick it up with my bare hands. So I reached through my front door to grab a pair of gloves. And, in the process, let the dogs out.

So there I am, chasing a 1/2 paralyzed baby bunny down the sidewalk (a 1/2 paralyzed baby bunny that has suddenly gotten much much faster) while trying to keep my dogs from running into the street.

Children are still crying, shrieking, wailing.

Then, suddenly, my younger dog runs between my legs, snatches up the poor baby bunny, and shakes it. Killed it about instantly.

Children stop crying, shrieking, wailing, and begin SCREAMING! Moms come running outside to see whatever is the matter.

Everyone is yelling “bad doggie.” I am thinking “thank you doggie–now I don’t have to kill the bunny.” Doggie is prancing around in a most lovely extended trot showing off his fresh baby bunny kill!

Finally, we buried the bunny under a flower bush with a lot of snifling and moms saying the bunny is in heaven now. Lots of angry looks at the “bad doggie.”

Of course, I have been informed by one of the mothers that I will probably get no trick or treaters this year! I am the scarey bunny killing lady!

So don’t feel bad Goodyfourshoes, at least you didn’t traumatize young children with your bunny kill.

Oh, Sleepy you are right! I have a another frog experience! I bought “RedHot” off the track as a stud horse (a five year old stud at that!). I brought him home and had the vet geld him. It ended up being a very unroutine gelding experience, and recovery took twice as long as it usually does. Well, part of the recovery he had to be extensively hand walked. So walking around the indoor arena, we passed by a bull frog. (Like I mentioned before my farm is over run with frogs in the spring.) I made a note of where he was at so we wouldn’t run him over, but I must have forgotten about him because a couple days later I noticed that frog was now a squished dried place in the sand. ick. Someone stepped on the frog and I am wondering who did it!!

Goodyfourshoes and Dogchushu you’ve brightened up my friday. May all the animals maimed or killed by COTH posters rest in peace.

“Friends don’t let friends reply to all”

Friend’s daughter gets her license, BEGS Mom to let her drive the new car to her friend’s house for a homework session. Mom says NO but daughter pleads, cajoles, etc and eventually goes skipping out to the new Caddy. Driving down a country road going a little too fast WHUMP

a BLACK BEAR rolls up the hood, smashes thru the windshield and lands in passenger seat! Girl completely PANICS AND DRIVES 3 MILES INTO TOWN with the bear IN THE CAR and literally INTO the sheriffs office through the glass doors!!! Cops come running; fearing an explosion they’re yelling “KID GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!” She screams back, “NO WAY, this is my mother’s new car! You get the BEAR out of the car!!!”

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

Worthy, I have managed to avoid the critters, too…but you’re right about the carcasses. It’s so sad. We counted way into the teens one time ON ONE ROAD!!! The poor deer…

It’s nice that it’s so wild, though. We used to drive from NY through Canada and across the UP…some relatives have a beautiful cottage on an almost private lake. It’s SO pretty and quiet…very relaxing (except when you’re driving around at night!)

Maybe it’s my lack of sleep, but I am CRYING I am laughing so hard at your story. “He had a shirt just like yours” I LOVE IT. The cosmic craziness of coincidence strikes again. Thanks for posting it!

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

I think at 16 you need to slow down. Something is definitely wrong when you have hit that many animals within what should be a short driving window. And I am not even going to get into the fact that your father is breaking animals necks and blowing them away with a shotgun.

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

Oh, I know this thread is old and for all I know I said the same thing LAST year when I read this thread (haven’t checked), but imagine what people were thinking as you drove past with a bunny on your headlight!

~Erin B #1
“Winny and I lived in a house that ran on static electricity… If you wanted to run the blender, you had to rub balloons on your head. If you wanted to cook, you had to pull off a sweater real quick.”

…I know I should feel sorry for the bunny…but thanks for the laugh!

Were you able to strip the bunny and get some good Easter candy off of him? We could all get on a virtual sugar high if you’d like to share some jelly beans!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Unfortunately, one day this woman was riding, and a pigeon took off suddenly right under her horse! Poor thing broke its neck and died <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pigeon or the horse?

~Erin B #1
“Winny and I lived in a house that ran on static electricity… If you wanted to run the blender, you had to rub balloons on your head. If you wanted to cook, you had to pull off a sweater real quick.”

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but unlike VT (evil, callous person that she is ), <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You’ll think ‘evil’ when I leave the ring with an armful of ribbons next week and you’ll be listed as an “also ran.”

Just kidding - you will EASILY kick my tail!