Unlimited access >

I'm a horse owner again *Pics Added*

I’m Noelle, and I don’t think I’ve posted in Off Course before, but I’m so excited I had to share.

After 7 years, I have my own horse again. His name is Dudley. He is a chestnut AQHA gelding with a star and left hind anklet. He’s 15 years old, about 15 hands, and he is a saint. I’ve been leasing him for the past couple years so I know he is perfect for me. He’s very quiet and steady and gentle, the kind of horse who takes care of his rider–which as a middle-aged, not-terribly-brave rider, is exactly what I need.

His owner, who is also a dear friend, always promised me first choice if she decided to sell, and last week she decided. DH and I have been considering the numbers and various scenarios and as of today, he’s mine. Although he will stay boarded at my friend’s stable and she will be able to keep an eye on him when I can’t go out.

I’m simultaneously thrilled and terrified!

57 Likes

Congratulations!

Rebecca

4 Likes

The terrifying aspect is now you can shop the tack sales in earnest

you two sound like a nice pairing that should be one of many years

21 Likes

He sounds lovely! Congratulations!

3 Likes

The best part about leasing him–well, other than getting to know him so well, is that I already have some tack. At least I have the most expensive thing–I bought a saddle for him last summer, and I have a halter and lead. Of course there’s a lot of stuff still to buy. :wink: But my friend will let me keep using her things as I work on acquiring the rest. I’m very, very fortunate!

17 Likes

Thank you all! It still seems a little surreal. After I lost my last heart horse, I wasn’t sure if I would ever own another. And then I didn’t think my friend would ever sell Dudley. And now here we are.

10 Likes

great, but now the really special items are fair game as he is Yours now

7 Likes

Oh yes, now the real fun begins!

2 Likes

Congrats!! Now all we’re missing is a photo of the handsome guy. Only if you would care to share, of course.

6 Likes

I have to admit I’m not very tech savvy. I will post some pics if I can figure it out. Thank you.

3 Likes

Congratulations and yes, pictures would be wonderful, please?

You can post them directly from your device right on your post.
There are several ways to do that.
An easy one using that, from the left, eight icon on the top of the posting window that is a thick black arrow pointing up with a horizontal base.
Click on it and follow the prompts and the picture you choose will show up on your post.

4 Likes

Yay!! Congratulations! Dudley sounds perfect!

3 Likes

Congratulations! We found a saint for my SO. He has a home here for life. There is no better satisfaction or happiness to have an equine partner you feel safe with and appreciates human attention. You simply cannot put a monetary value on that. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Congratulations! Sounds like you found the perfect partner :slight_smile: Have fun!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Definitely don’t check out the “Matchy matchy” thread unless you want to be truly broke.

7 Likes

Congratulations!!! :champagne:

2 Likes

Congratulations, he sounds lovely!

2 Likes

You are going to have so many adventures together! Congratulations!

Now, go start checking off that horsie bucket list. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, here you are! Amazing sometimes, how things work out. Congratulations! :tada:

3 Likes

:clap::grin:
If Aged Me figured out how to post pics, I have faith we’ll be seeing you & Dudley (cute name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) on this thread soon!
See, easy :sunglasses:
This is my Mini, Bugs

9 Likes